FORUMS

[Q] Wifi problem with android 4.3

15 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By truongflyson, Junior Member on 27th July 2013, 06:35 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Hi everybody,
It was really exciting when our beloved device is able to upgrade to new Android version.

I tried to download google stock image of android 4.3 and flash it to my device using Gnexus toolkit.

After I upgrade, the first screen we always see is the "Setup screen" with two buttons, "Enter setup" or "skip set up". I pressed "Enter setup". Usually, if it's a android 4.2.2 or below version, it take only half second to turn on the wifi and then new screen appears for us to choose the wifi. But with android 4.3, it tooks nearly 20 seconds to finish

Since then, my download speed from many variety source is extremely slow, such as: Dropbox, Google play, some other black android market, from some other hosts. The speed's average is 10 kb /s

I tried to download the speedtest application, and test with both my laptop and my Gnexus, the result is 250 kb/s. Internet connection is this country is slow, but it's not 10kb/s like this. If I download from the same host using my laptop and GNexus (of course one by one, not download at the same time) . Laptop reaches 250 kb/s. GNexus didn't show the speed but it took ten-times longer to finish.

I re-installed 4.2. But the problem is still there.
The day before yesterday, I can download app from Android market with 250kb/s speed, and yesterday I installed 4.3, and it's 10kb/s till now ^^

Does anybody meet the same problem ?
Is there any solution for this ?
Sorry for my bad English

27th July 2013, 06:52 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 65

More
Usually a complete wipe of the all data in recovery mode is needed to fix this... back up everything before attempting this.

Also I'm not 100% sure about it working with 4.3 or 4.2, since I'm still running 4.1.2.
27th July 2013, 07:52 AM |#3  
Flag Cebu City, Philippines
Thanks Meter: 8,362

Donate to Me
More
Did you flash the flash able zip? Or the whole thing?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
27th July 2013, 08:25 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 706

More
Not really (8/1 cable, so seems fine).

27th July 2013, 09:25 AM |#5  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Misledz

Did you flash the flash able zip? Or the whole thing?

I downloaded 4.3 (JWR66V) image from this link : https://developers.google.com/android/nexus/images
And then use the Gnex toolkit to flash it to my device. I always do this with previous version. It works perfectly. And since 4.3, it's ...
27th July 2013, 01:11 PM |#6  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by truongflyson

I downloaded 4.3 (JWR66V) image from this link : https://developers.google.com/android/nexus/images
And then use the Gnex toolkit to flash it to my device. I always do this with previous version. It works perfectly. And since 4.3, it's ...

Just double checking, no custom kernels? if anything It could be the new prima drivers I suppose. Better yet? It could be a common N4 wifi bug, or your router.
27th July 2013, 02:24 PM |#7  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Misledz

Just double checking, no custom kernels? if anything It could be the new prima drivers I suppose. Better yet? It could be a common N4 wifi bug, or your router.

Everything is stock 100%. Now, it's only 4kb/s. Every app's update costs nearly one hour to finish
27th July 2013, 02:25 PM |#8  

Donate to Me
More
Kinda the opposite for me. It works flawlessly without any issues. :/

27th July 2013, 02:48 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 199

More
I did some factory resets, and I can tell you, in the initial setup, like you said, sometimes takes like 20 sec to connect wi fi, sometimes thats quick but setting the initial languaje takes a while too...I'd say thats random, I dont think it has to be with downloading speed, since the last time happened the wi fi delay and my wifi is working fine...

Enviado desde mi Galaxy Nexus usando Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to Kustaa For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th July 2013, 03:45 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 706

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by truongflyson

Everything is stock 100%. Now, it's only 4kb/s. Every app's update costs nearly one hour to finish

Go to another wifi hotspot and see if it's the same, then you'll know if it's the network or phone.
The Following User Says Thank You to madd0g For This Useful Post: [ View ]
29th July 2013, 09:17 AM |#11  
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 5

More
i had the same issue yesterday ....i did a factory reset and still it was slow ..like barely 5-6kbs ...i switched of the phone at night now today its back to normal ...

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread