Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,778,037 Members 52,460 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Cyanogenmod (official) OTA update failing - root possibly lost?

Tip us?
 
konsta819
Old
#1  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 57
Join Date: Jul 2008
Default [Q] Cyanogenmod (official) OTA update failing - root possibly lost?

Hi

I've been prompted in the last few days to install an OTA cyanogenmod update.

When I accept the installation, the phone reboots.

About 1/5 of the way through the progressbar, the installation halts and I come to a screen headed "Root access possibly lost. Fix? THIS CANNOT BE UNDONE".

Various 'no' options, then 'yes - fix root (/system/xbin/su). Regardless of whether I select yes/no, the installation seems to fail and I reboot into my current version.

Lower on the screen, after the heading "Installing update...." is the error code "assert failred: apply_patch_check("/system/xbin/su", [hexcodes], [hexcodes]) E:Error in /cache/cm-maguro-[hex]-signed-1.zip" (Status 7) Installation aborted.

Any views as to how I can get past this and get the update installed?

Many thanks
The Following User Says Thank You to konsta819 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
skelaton4
Old
#2  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 1
Join Date: Feb 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by konsta819 View Post
Hi

I've been prompted in the last few days to install an OTA cyanogenmod update.

When I accept the installation, the phone reboots.

About 1/5 of the way through the progressbar, the installation halts and I come to a screen headed "Root access possibly lost. Fix? THIS CANNOT BE UNDONE".

Various 'no' options, then 'yes - fix root (/system/xbin/su). Regardless of whether I select yes/no, the installation seems to fail and I reboot into my current version.

Lower on the screen, after the heading "Installing update...." is the error code "assert failred: apply_patch_check("/system/xbin/su", [hexcodes], [hexcodes]) E:Error in /cache/cm-maguro-[hex]-signed-1.zip" (Status 7) Installation aborted.

Any views as to how I can get past this and get the update installed?

Many thanks
This is happening to me as well. How is this fixed??
 
heinerxxl
Old
#3  
heinerxxl's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 11
Join Date: Dec 2008
Unhappy Ota update fail

Quote:
Originally Posted by skelaton4 View Post
This is happening to me as well. How is this fixed??
Having exact same issue with my Galaxy S3 , very annoying.
 
typ1232
Old
#4  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 2
Join Date: Oct 2012
i have a similar problem with the latest CM update. it goes into recovery to do the update and fails, but it immediately reboots the phone into the old version, so i am unable to see the error message.

does anyone know where the error log of the cm recovery is located?
 
route00
Old
#5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 133
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Fiume
Quote:
Originally Posted by typ1232 View Post
i have a similar problem with the latest CM update. it goes into recovery to do the update and fails, but it immediately reboots the phone into the old version, so i am unable to see the error message.

does anyone know where the error log of the cm recovery is located?
+1
 
typ1232
Old
#6  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 2
Join Date: Oct 2012
i fixed it by doing the following:

- go into recovery mode (shutdown, then press vol-up, vol-down and power, press vol-up (to select recovery), press power)
- wipe cache partition
- wipe dalvik cache (under advanced)
- reboot

it then downloads the update again and this time it worked
 
kl09
Old
#7  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 12
Join Date: Feb 2014
I'm using omnimetal rom, but also come across with the root access may be lost problem. Every time after I flashing a new kernel in cwm, and pressed reboot the system, the message pops up. I choose "yes,fix it" every time. But the message still exist. I clear cache and dalvik cache when I flash a new kernel. So, clearing cache and dalvik cache does not fix the root access problem.
 
rgao007
Old
#8  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 26
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Tenafly, NJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by typ1232 View Post
i fixed it by doing the following:

- go into recovery mode (shutdown, then press vol-up, vol-down and power, press vol-up (to select recovery), press power)
- wipe cache partition
- wipe dalvik cache (under advanced)
- reboot

it then downloads the update again and this time it worked
i love you right now man, no homo, finally worked
Android from the start!

HTC G1 (Android Dev Phone 1) - HTC myTouch 3G (Android Dev Phone 2) - HTC Nexus One PB99100 - Samsung Nexus S GT-i9020 - Samsung Galaxy Nexus GT-i9250 - LG Nexus 5 D820 - Samsung Galaxy Note 3 SM-N900A - Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900T - OnePlus One A0001

Be sure to click thanks if I've helped you in any way!
 
hienbui123
Old
#9  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 1
Join Date: Aug 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by typ1232 View Post
i fixed it by doing the following:

- go into recovery mode (shutdown, then press vol-up, vol-down and power, press vol-up (to select recovery), press power)
- wipe cache partition
- wipe dalvik cache (under advanced)
- reboot

it then downloads the update again and this time it worked
could you elaborate how you did it? when did you go into recovery mode? before CM installer? or after when it's done asking if you want to fix root?

I did it twice. I said Yes, fix root. Didn't work. So I didn't fix root second time. Didn't work also.

---------- Post added at 07:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:56 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgao007 View Post
i love you right now man, no homo, finally worked
could you list in details the steps you did please?!

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes