[Q] Cyanogenmod (official) OTA update failing - root possibly lost?

Search This thread

konsta819

Jul 11, 2008
Hi

I've been prompted in the last few days to install an OTA cyanogenmod update.

When I accept the installation, the phone reboots.

About 1/5 of the way through the progressbar, the installation halts and I come to a screen headed "Root access possibly lost. Fix? THIS CANNOT BE UNDONE".

Various 'no' options, then 'yes - fix root (/system/xbin/su). Regardless of whether I select yes/no, the installation seems to fail and I reboot into my current version.

Lower on the screen, after the heading "Installing update...." is the error code "assert failred: apply_patch_check("/system/xbin/su", [hexcodes], [hexcodes]) E:Error in /cache/cm-maguro-[hex]-signed-1.zip" (Status 7) Installation aborted.

Any views as to how I can get past this and get the update installed?

Many thanks

Reactions: typ1232

skelaton4

Feb 4, 2014
Hi

About 1/5 of the way through the progressbar, the installation halts and I come to a screen headed "Root access possibly lost. Fix? THIS CANNOT BE UNDONE".

Various 'no' options, then 'yes - fix root (/system/xbin/su). Regardless of whether I select yes/no, the installation seems to fail and I reboot into my current version.

Lower on the screen, after the heading "Installing update...." is the error code "assert failred: apply_patch_check("/system/xbin/su", [hexcodes], [hexcodes]) E:Error in /cache/cm-maguro-[hex]-signed-1.zip" (Status 7) Installation aborted.

Many thanks

This is happening to me as well. How is this fixed??

typ1232

Oct 22, 2012
i have a similar problem with the latest CM update. it goes into recovery to do the update and fails, but it immediately reboots the phone into the old version, so i am unable to see the error message.

does anyone know where the error log of the cm recovery is located?

typ1232

Oct 22, 2012
i fixed it by doing the following:

- go into recovery mode (shutdown, then press vol-up, vol-down and power, press vol-up (to select recovery), press power)
- wipe cache partition
- wipe dalvik cache (under advanced)
- reboot

it then downloads the update again and this time it worked

kl09

Feb 27, 2014
I'm using omnimetal rom, but also come across with the root access may be lost problem. Every time after I flashing a new kernel in cwm, and pressed reboot the system, the message pops up. I choose "yes,fix it" every time. But the message still exist. I clear cache and dalvik cache when I flash a new kernel. So, clearing cache and dalvik cache does not fix the root access problem.

rgao007

Feb 16, 2014
Tenafly, NJ

- go into recovery mode (shutdown, then press vol-up, vol-down and power, press vol-up (to select recovery), press power)
- wipe cache partition
- reboot

i love you right now man, no homo, finally worked

hienbui123

Aug 11, 2014

- wipe cache partition
- reboot

could you elaborate how you did it? when did you go into recovery mode? before CM installer? or after when it's done asking if you want to fix root?

I did it twice. I said Yes, fix root. Didn't work. So I didn't fix root second time. Didn't work also.

---------- Post added at 07:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:56 PM ----------

i love you right now man, no homo, finally worked

could you list in details the steps you did please?!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi

Many thanks