Update Overload: SuperSU Heavily Updated

There are apps and apps out there. Very few can reach the level of popularity required to stay at … more

Lollipop Leak Available for the Sprint Galaxy S5

Since the Android 5.0Lollipop’s official release not too long ago, we’ve seen … more

CPU Spy Gets an Android Lollipop Makeover

At some point in the distant past, you probably heard of CPU Spy for Android by XDARetired … more

Amazon Fire TV Stick vs Chromecast – XDA TV

There is no doubt that Amazon is a huge player in many markets, and they want to be a huge … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Deactivate volume buttons possible?

OP lordofazeroth

25th July 2014, 05:26 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 22
 
505 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2010
I gave the Galaxy Nexus to my father. Everytime he takes it out of the leatherbag he accidentally touches the volume keys.
Is there a way to deactivate the volume keys, so the ringer cannot be changed, but the volume when phoning can be changed?
26th July 2014, 03:08 AM   |  #2  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 33
 
23 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2012
If you have root privileges just edit /system/usr/keylayout/tuna-gpio-keypad.kl.
key 114 UNKNOWN
key 115 UNKNOWN
Backup the file before.

Inviato dal mio Galaxy Nexus utilizzando Tapatalk
Last edited by mugna91; 28th July 2014 at 03:04 AM.
26th July 2014, 07:18 AM   |  #3  
isajoo's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 55
 
229 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2012
More
Installing gravitybox via exposed add-on will give you full control over the volume buttons + more.

Eg.
Set it to only change media volume by default.

Remove annoying beeping sound when pressing volume buttons.

Expanded on screen volume controls for ringer/media/notification/alarm/in-call.
28th July 2014, 01:49 AM   |  #4  
AGoogleUser's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Harmony
Thanks Meter: 29
 
228 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mugna91

If you have root privileges just edit /system/usr/keylayout/tuna-gpio-keypad.kl.
key 114 VOLUME_DOWN UNKNOWN
key 115 VOLUME_UP UNKNOWN
Backup the file before.

Inviato dal mio Galaxy Nexus utilizzando Tapatalk

You might be able to help me sir.

Is there a way to map these hardware keys to preform different actions? If possible I'd like the power button to go to the home screen.

Sent from my Liquid Powered Nexus!
28th July 2014, 03:10 AM   |  #5  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 33
 
23 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by AGoogleUser

You might be able to help me sir.

Is there a way to map these hardware keys to preform different actions? If possible I'd like the power button to go to the home screen.

Sent from my Liquid Powered Nexus!

Yep. Just check Generic.kl (same folder) for a full list of commands. In your case:


key 114 VOLUME_DOWN WAKE
key 115 VOLUME_UP WAKE
key 116 HOME

PS I have edited my previous message.

Inviato dal mio Galaxy Nexus utilizzando Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to mugna91 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th July 2014, 08:22 PM   |  #6  
AGoogleUser's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Harmony
Thanks Meter: 29
 
228 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mugna91

Yep. Just check Generic.kl (same folder) for a full list of commands. In your case:


key 114 VOLUME_DOWN WAKE
key 115 VOLUME_UP WAKE
key 116 HOME

PS I have edited my previous message.

Inviato dal mio Galaxy Nexus utilizzando Tapatalk

Setting key 116 to HOME didn't work. After a reboot my power button just didn't do anything. Even long holding didn't make the power off screen open. I reverted and it works fine again.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA Free mobile app
28th July 2014, 08:39 PM   |  #7  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 33
 
23 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by AGoogleUser

Setting key 116 to HOME didn't work. After a reboot my power button just didn't do anything. Even long holding didn't make the power off screen open. I reverted and it works fine again.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA Free mobile app

Here is working. Make sure you have deleted WAKE. The string it's just:
key 116 HOME
EDIT: Try this http://d-h.st/xFp

Inviato dal mio Galaxy Nexus utilizzando Tapatalk
Last edited by mugna91; 28th July 2014 at 08:43 PM.
29th July 2014, 07:09 AM   |  #8  
AGoogleUser's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Harmony
Thanks Meter: 29
 
228 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mugna91

Here is working. Make sure you have deleted WAKE. The string it's just:
key 116 HOME
EDIT: Try this http://d-h.st/xFp

Inviato dal mio Galaxy Nexus utilizzando Tapatalk

Still not working. Will try with different launcher and will report back.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA Free mobile app

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes