Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,018 Members 44,272 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] delete/reset softkeys?

Tip us?

Ilikecheese
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question [Q] delete/reset softkeys?

Hello
I've got this really annoying issue. I have omnimetal 4.4.2 ROM and zipthemer would not work but I got it to work finally. But I've already used the app softkeyZ to change my soft keys and they won't get overwritten. I'm stuck with these annoying keys and can't change em unless its with the apps selection. I flashed nexus soft keys from zipthemer and in the softkeyZ app when I hit the reload button it earases the keys I have and shows the nexus ones I flashed for a sec and goes back to these so it like knows its their. But these keys won't go away. Is there a way I can either delete my soft keys completely and flash the other ones or flash a zip that resets it like a stock 4.4.2 systemUI.apk file? Any advice would be appreciated.

mrgnex
Old
Thanks Meter 287
Dirty flash your rom.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app
SΛMSUNG/Google Galaxy Nexus
ROM: Vanir Nightly
Kernel: A.S.K.P. Patty Remix

SΛMSUNG/Google Nexus 10
ROM: Vanir Nightly
Kernel: Stock Vanir

Ilikecheese
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgnex View Post
Dirty flash your rom.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app
I have once and it just gets messed up. Its hard to explain like the gapps needed to run ART don't install properly and every 10 seconds my phone or dialer force closes

Ilikecheese
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Actually I went ahead and tried a dirty flash and its working fine but same prob. My lock ring and glow dots work when I change em in zipthemer but the soft keys just won't change :/ I've used the stock KitKat Edify and my ROM file and both don't work to change the keys