[Q] Emoji Issues (Hangouts/Keyboards/System Files)
I am running the latest CM nightly on my Nexus and I have had a persistent issue with some of the emojis. Some of the emoji icons in hangouts were displaying as basic black and white icons as opposed to their pink/yellow/or whatever other colour they normally are. So I figured I would do a clean flash and see if it fixed anything.
I did a clean install of the CM nightly (Factory Reset, Wipe Cache, Wipe Dalvik, Format /System /Cache and still there was no change.
It's odd. Almost all the emojis are fine except for the first heart (supposed to be solid pink) which ends up appearing as a small black heart, the sun appears as a small black sun (not yellow like it should be), the snowflake is black instead of blue... You get the idea. It's only 6 or so of them that are like this. No idea why. ❤��☎☀❄♨ Those are what some of them are appearing as instead of their coloured forms.
Some things I have tried/noticed.
In different words:
- Using the AOSP Keyboard some of the emoji icons within the keyboard appear as black and white. When entering the emoji into the text field it stays black and white.
- Using the Google Keyboard it produces the same issue as above.
- I uninstalled the AOSP and only used the Google Keyboard to again have the same result.
- I installed an app called KK Keyboard and it acts slightly differently. The emoji icons that were appearing black and white before within the keyboard now appear in their proper colours, however once you type it into the text field it goes back to being the black and white icon.
Right after the clean install with the AOSP Keyboard enabled I had the emoji issue. So I grabbed Google Keyboard from the play store and had the same issue. Figured maybe they conflicted I uninstalled the default AOSP and left Google Keyboard on the phone. Same issue. I then went and disabled Google Keyboard leaving only the Voice Input enabled. When I launched Hangouts now the keyboard obviously did not exist so it would just go right to voice recognition but if I selected the Smilie now sitting in the text field it would bring up the emoji list which would scroll up and down and all the emojis were with their proper colours/shapes. STRANGE. Enabled Google Keyboard and back to the same old black emojis. Used an app called KK Keyboard and the icons within the keyboard were all in their proper colours but when typed some would go back to being black and white.
Any idea what is going wrong?
Attached pictures are:
2. Google Keyboard Emoji (Notice the black heart in the keyboard which should appear pink)
3. KK Keyboard Emoji (Notice pink heart in keyboard appears black in text field)
Samsung Galaxy Nexus
CM 11 Official Nightly 03/10
2 x Samsung Galaxy II HD LTE
CM 10.2 Unofficial 01/20
Motorola Atrix HD LTE
CM 11 Official Nightly 02/09