FORUMS

XDA Recap: This Week In Android (Apr 18 – 25)

Here in the digital XDA newsroom, we spend our days pouring over an average of … more

Sunday Debate: Custom ROMs vs. Modular Tweaks

Join us in a fun Sunday Debate on Mods and ROMs. Come with your opinions and feel free to … more

AOSP 5.1 Lollipop for Nexus Q

Google Nexus Q is an intriguing device released with Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich. It was abandoned by … more

XDA Picks: Best Apps of the Week (Apr 17 – 24)

Apps are at the front and center of any smartphone experience, and with over a … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

Extremely slow Galaxy Nexus (GSM)

21st February 2013, 09:08 PM |#1  
OP Senior Member
Flag East Lansing
Thanks Meter: 55
 
More
I recently rooted my Galaxy Nexus and flashed AOKP. everything was all good and stable, but now the phone will lag really bad and sometimes reboot.

I tried to install a new ROM, but it still does the same thing, even with no apps installed.

It's really bothering me... what could be the problem?
 
 
WiredPirate
21st February 2013, 09:30 PM |#2  
Guest
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Did you do a clean flash?

factory reset
wipe cache
wipe data
wipe dalvik cahce
format system
flash .zip
fix permissions
21st February 2013, 09:54 PM |#3  
nmlssit's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Reggio Emilia
Thanks Meter: 172
 
More
This also happened to me, even after a factory reset the phone was still laggy and buggy.
If WiredPirate suggestion doesn't fix it, i recommend a total wipe of the phone through the ToolKit, restoring it like just bought. I know it's kind of a rude fix, but this worked for me :P
23rd February 2013, 07:43 AM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Flag East Lansing
Thanks Meter: 55
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiredPirate

Did you do a clean flash?

factory reset
wipe cache
wipe data
wipe dalvik cahce
format system
flash .zip
fix permissions

I didn't know i had to format system and fix permissions lol.

Hopefully that fixes it.
23rd February 2013, 05:22 PM |#5  
Senior Member
Flag Vicenza
Thanks Meter: 245
 
More
R: Extremely slow Galaxy Nexus (GSM)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedDeadDorito

I recently rooted my Galaxy Nexus and flashed AOKP. everything was all good and stable, but now the phone will lag really bad and sometimes reboot.

I tried to install a new ROM, but it still does the same thing, even with no apps installed.

It's really bothering me... what could be the problem?

Install androbench and run a full test, then post the output

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus
24th February 2013, 07:29 AM |#6  
OP Senior Member
Flag East Lansing
Thanks Meter: 55
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmlssit

This also happened to me, even after a factory reset the phone was still laggy and buggy.
If WiredPirate suggestion doesn't fix it, i recommend a total wipe of the phone through the ToolKit, restoring it like just bought. I know it's kind of a rude fix, but this worked for me :P

How do I do this? WiredPirate's tips didn't work, unfortunately
24th February 2013, 08:05 AM |#7  
OP Senior Member
Flag East Lansing
Thanks Meter: 55
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedDeadDorito

How do I do this? WiredPirate's tips didn't work, unfortunately

Cool. Doing the factory stuff worked... Can I reflash a ROM now? I really hate stock lol. Just don't mess it up, right?
24th February 2013, 10:35 PM |#8  
szucsgf's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 3,987
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedDeadDorito

Cool. Doing the factory stuff worked... Can I reflash a ROM now? I really hate stock lol. Just don't mess it up, right?

You should do WiredPirate's steps each time you flash a difference ROM or Kernel. If you do that, and educate yourself on each particular ROM/Kernel very well prior to flashing in case there are any specific extra steps you should take, then there is very little risk of messing up your phone.

In the off chance something goes wrong, the Galaxy Nexus has one of the most active development communities. Whatever problem you encounter, someone else has probably already solved it and posted a fix on XDA.

As long as you're intelligent and patient you'll be fine. READ before you flash.

And here's a nice resource if you do end up shopping around for ROMs and Kernels:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2160723
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes