5,597,397 Members 30,581 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Extremely slow Galaxy Nexus (GSM)

Tip us?
 
RedDeadDorito
Old
#1  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 52
Posts: 165
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: East Lansing
Default Extremely slow Galaxy Nexus (GSM)

I recently rooted my Galaxy Nexus and flashed AOKP. everything was all good and stable, but now the phone will lag really bad and sometimes reboot.

I tried to install a new ROM, but it still does the same thing, even with no apps installed.

It's really bothering me... what could be the problem?
 
WiredPirate
Old
#2  
WiredPirate's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1940
Posts: 4,533
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: 256
Did you do a clean flash?

factory reset
wipe cache
wipe data
wipe dalvik cahce
format system
flash .zip
fix permissions
VZW Moto X
STOCK 4.4

Apple iPad WiFi 64GB 3rd GEN

VZW/LTE Samsung Galaxy Nexus
- RETIRED
Motorola Atrix 4G - SOLD
Samsung Galaxy S Captivate - SOLD
 
nmlssit
Old
#3  
nmlssit's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 146
Posts: 378
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Reggio Emilia
This also happened to me, even after a factory reset the phone was still laggy and buggy.
If WiredPirate suggestion doesn't fix it, i recommend a total wipe of the phone through the ToolKit, restoring it like just bought. I know it's kind of a rude fix, but this worked for me :P
 
RedDeadDorito
Old
#4  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 52
Posts: 165
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: East Lansing
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiredPirate View Post
Did you do a clean flash?

factory reset
wipe cache
wipe data
wipe dalvik cahce
format system
flash .zip
fix permissions
I didn't know i had to format system and fix permissions lol.

Hopefully that fixes it.
 
Jar3112
Old
#5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 184
Posts: 1,061
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Vicenza
Default R: Extremely slow Galaxy Nexus (GSM)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedDeadDorito View Post
I recently rooted my Galaxy Nexus and flashed AOKP. everything was all good and stable, but now the phone will lag really bad and sometimes reboot.

I tried to install a new ROM, but it still does the same thing, even with no apps installed.

It's really bothering me... what could be the problem?
Install androbench and run a full test, then post the output

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus
 
RedDeadDorito
Old
#6  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 52
Posts: 165
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: East Lansing
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmlssit View Post
This also happened to me, even after a factory reset the phone was still laggy and buggy.
If WiredPirate suggestion doesn't fix it, i recommend a total wipe of the phone through the ToolKit, restoring it like just bought. I know it's kind of a rude fix, but this worked for me :P
How do I do this? WiredPirate's tips didn't work, unfortunately
 
RedDeadDorito
Old
#7  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 52
Posts: 165
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: East Lansing
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedDeadDorito View Post
How do I do this? WiredPirate's tips didn't work, unfortunately
Cool. Doing the factory stuff worked... Can I reflash a ROM now? I really hate stock lol. Just don't mess it up, right?
 
szucsgf
Old
#8  
szucsgf's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3267
Posts: 1,853
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Toronto
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedDeadDorito View Post
Cool. Doing the factory stuff worked... Can I reflash a ROM now? I really hate stock lol. Just don't mess it up, right?
You should do WiredPirate's steps each time you flash a difference ROM or Kernel. If you do that, and educate yourself on each particular ROM/Kernel very well prior to flashing in case there are any specific extra steps you should take, then there is very little risk of messing up your phone.

In the off chance something goes wrong, the Galaxy Nexus has one of the most active development communities. Whatever problem you encounter, someone else has probably already solved it and posted a fix on XDA.

As long as you're intelligent and patient you'll be fine. READ before you flash.

And here's a nice resource if you do end up shopping around for ROMs and Kernels:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2160723

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

Clean Up Your Logcat Code with Lib Cleaner

Some of you may think that writing code is the hardest part of development. It’s not, as the … more

Tweak Your Xperia Device’s Camera App Yourself

We’ve come to expect nearly perfect cameraperformancein our modern day … more