Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,734,299 Members 47,526 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Galaxy nexus efs lost

Tip us?

sescasystems
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question [Q] Galaxy nexus efs lost

Hi,

I had an OTA update from 4.2.2 to 4.3 and some days after that, when I was using google maps while on roaming network, my phone stopped getting signal from carrier. Since then, I have followed many posts on xda and did these things using NRT (Nexus Root Toolkit):-

1. Unlock
2. Flash + Unroot

But, after doing all these, my phone still does not get the signal. The current problem (I'm not a very technical person):-

1. About Phone --> Status (copying only those properties which might be relevant):-

Network: Unknown
Signal strenght: 0 dBm 99asu
Mobile network type: UNKNOWN:0
Service state: Out of service or Radio Off (this keeps on toggling every few seconds)
IMEI: UNKNOWN
IMEI SV: UNKNOWN
Serial Number: <some number>

2. Phone info available in *#*#4636#*#*:-

Set preferred network type: Unknown
Turn On Radio or Turn Off Radio (This keeps toggling every few seconds)

Actually, after reading so many posts on xda, I can conclude that the efs partition is lost. If I'm goig in the right direction to pin point the problem, please let me know where I can download EFS and change it to point it to my Phone's IMEI.
Will the above step solve this problem ?

Any help is much appreciated.

saishyamk
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by sescasystems View Post
Hi,

I had an OTA update from 4.2.2 to 4.3 and some days after that, when I was using google maps while on roaming network, my phone stopped getting signal from carrier. Since then, I have followed many posts on xda and did these things using NRT (Nexus Root Toolkit):-

1. Unlock
2. Flash + Unroot

But, after doing all these, my phone still does not get the signal. The current problem (I'm not a very technical person):-

1. About Phone --> Status (copying only those properties which might be relevant):-

Network: Unknown
Signal strenght: 0 dBm 99asu
Mobile network type: UNKNOWN:0
Service state: Out of service or Radio Off (this keeps on toggling every few seconds)
IMEI: UNKNOWN
IMEI SV: UNKNOWN
Serial Number: <some number>

2. Phone info available in *#*#4636#*#*:-

Set preferred network type: Unknown
Turn On Radio or Turn Off Radio (This keeps toggling every few seconds)

Actually, after reading so many posts on xda, I can conclude that the efs partition is lost. If I'm goig in the right direction to pin point the problem, please let me know where I can download EFS and change it to point it to my Phone's IMEI.
Will the above step solve this problem ?

Any help is much appreciated.

If you have a Nandroid Backup, just restore it. Ur signal will be back.

If ur EFS is gone, U'll have to do one more step. This thread might help you. I had the same problem (IMEI lost) and fixed my phone by doing this http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...95&postcount=6

sescasystems
Old
(Last edited by sescasystems; 28th April 2014 at 10:56 AM.) Reason: changed android to Nandroid
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by saishyamk View Post
If you have a Nandroid Backup, just restore it. Ur signal will be back.

If ur EFS is gone, U'll have to do one more step. This thread might help you. I had the same problem (IMEI lost) and fixed my phone by doing this http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...95&postcount=6

Actually, I don't have a Nandroid backup.
And, the steps mentioned in the link you provided also do Not tell about how to fix an unknown IMEI

PS: I dont have a generic IMEI now. My IMEI as seen from *#06# is empty. *#06# shows IMEI (but no IMEI number next to it) and then an OK button.