Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,772,636 Members 53,232 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Galaxy nexus GSM unusable

Tip us?

TheSwimmer
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy [Q] Galaxy nexus GSM unusable

Hi, today my GN decided to stop working normal. Application started to crash randomly, if I try to connect to the internet it just reboots, and it reboots randomly too. If I try to perform a factory reset it just doesn't do anything, even using the recovery mode (latest cwm). If I delete or copy files on the device, when I go check if they are there, the delete files are still there and the new ones aren't anywhere. So, I tried everything but I didn't have any results. Do anyone know what could I do? How do I perform a hard reset? I'm a little bit desperate. And a little bit angry eheh

bsmitty83
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 7130
Sounds like your memory is toast . its probably hardware failure , not a whole lot you can do to fix it

Hack the Tuna

TheSwimmer
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsmitty83 View Post
Sounds like your memory is toast . its probably hardware failure , not a whole lot you can do to fix it

Hack the Tuna
I'm sorry, hack the what? What do you mean?
So something inside is actually broken? It started acting like this yesterday morning without any motivation. Maybe it was after getting very hot for a long time..

(Google, up there, are you telling me to buy the Nexus 5?)

bsmitty83
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 7130
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSwimmer View Post
I'm sorry, hack the what? What do you mean?
So something inside is actually broken? It started acting like this yesterday morning without any motivation. Maybe it was after getting very hot for a long time..

(Google, up there, are you telling me to buy the Nexus 5?)
Hack the tuna is my tapatalk signature lol , if your emmc is going bad there isn't any way to fix it besides replace it .

TheSwimmer
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Ahah ok, I imagined it wasn't referred to my situation
Anyway, another problem I found is that error I get when I try to install (sideload or directly from the internal memory) a rom using the recovery: "symlink: some symonds failed Error in data/... rom.zip (status 7) installation aborted"