5,599,394 Members 38,105 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Galaxy Nexus Indian Thread [Reviews, Support and More]

Tip us?
 
SahilC
Old
#2371  
SahilC's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 879
Posts: 1,995
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Mumbai
Default Re: Indian Galaxy Nexus users

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit.meena05 View Post
Guys all i want to say just give a shot of MIUI Rom its really quite premium rom apart from other bcoz all rom mostly based on Holo so !
I can't stand the fact that the look is based on iOS. Very ugly IMO. I'm super happy with Stock holo, in fact I even try and look at everything around me in real life in holo form haha

But the new MIUI doesn't look too bad.. It's more clean cut rather than the old curved look

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium
 
haxor
Old
#2372  
haxor's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 321
Posts: 1,789
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: some where
Default Re: Indian Galaxy Nexus users

Quote:
Originally Posted by SahilC View Post
I can't stand the fact that the look is based on iOS. Very ugly IMO. I'm super happy with Stock holo, in fact I even try and look at everything around me in real life in holo form haha

But the new MIUI doesn't look too bad.. It's more clean cut rather than the old curved look

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium
Its just matter of taste dude nothing else

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Press THANKS If You Like My Post
The Following User Says Thank You to haxor For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
SahilC
Old
#2373  
SahilC's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 879
Posts: 1,995
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Mumbai
Default Re: Indian Galaxy Nexus users

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit.meena05 View Post
Its just matter of taste dude nothing else

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Of course, to each his own Never said otherwise

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium
 
rrohanjs
Old
#2374  
rrohanjs's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1334
Posts: 3,502
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: mumbai
Quote:
Originally Posted by amit.meena05 View Post
Guys all i want to say just give a shot of MIUI Rom its really quite premium rom apart from other bcoz all rom mostly based on Holo so !
i love miui, the lockscreen music widget animation is sooooo awesome plus the green and red glow when you get a call, and the amount of themes available or toooooooooo many .. absolutely amazing imo
" Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return "

 
AbhishekS
Old
#2375  
AbhishekS's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 601
Posts: 2,100
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Mumbai, India
Default Re: Indian Galaxy Nexus users

I've heard a lot about it, but never really seen or experience it. Can someone please give some screenshots?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

---------- Post added at 12:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:44 AM ----------

BTW guys, I need two features in my phone. Can anyone help me get them?

1. Lockscreen wallpaper - Is there any way by which I can keep the stock lockscreen but a different wallpaper. I mean I don't want my normal wallpaper to be the locksreen wallpaper too.

2. Say Caller's name - I want my phone to speak the caller's name only when the earplugs are connected, not all the time. And if the contact is not stored then the number.

Anyone has any ideas?
Galaxy Nexus user | Proud Virender Sehwag fan | Visit My Blog | Follow me on Twitter: @AbhishekMSharma | Add me on Google+
 
sam razzy
Old
#2376  
sam razzy's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 406
Posts: 2,979
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Ma sweet home
Default Re: Indian Galaxy Nexus users

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbhishekS View Post
I've heard a lot about it, but never really seen or experience it. Can someone please give some screenshots?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

---------- Post added at 12:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:44 AM ----------

BTW guys, I need two features in my phone. Can anyone help me get them?

1. Lockscreen wallpaper - Is there any way by which I can keep the stock lockscreen but a different wallpaper. I mean I don't want my normal wallpaper to be the locksreen wallpaper too.

2. Say Caller's name - I want my phone to speak the caller's name only when the earplugs are connected, not all the time. And if the contact is not stored then the number.

Anyone has any ideas?
Check widget locker.apk to change the lock screen

Sent from Domination Powered TaPaTalK ♥ with my Nexus
IMG]http://forum.xda-developers.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1176894&stc=1&d=134141  9861[/IMG]
 
rrohanjs
Old
#2377  
rrohanjs's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1334
Posts: 3,502
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: mumbai
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbhishekS View Post
I've heard a lot about it, but never really seen or experience it. Can someone please give some screenshots?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

---------- Post added at 12:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:44 AM ----------

BTW guys, I need two features in my phone. Can anyone help me get them?

1. Lockscreen wallpaper - Is there any way by which I can keep the stock lockscreen but a different wallpaper. I mean I don't want my normal wallpaper to be the locksreen wallpaper too.

2. Say Caller's name - I want my phone to speak the caller's name only when the earplugs are connected, not all the time. And if the contact is not stored then the number.

Anyone has any ideas?
miui has the lockscreen wallpaper option, check out videos on youtube, there are many on miui on gnex
also i guess xylon has lockscreen wallpaper option
and yea widgetlocker would be the best option since you will get a million options of styles
" Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return "

 
SahilC
Old
#2378  
SahilC's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 879
Posts: 1,995
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Mumbai
Default Re: Indian Galaxy Nexus users

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbhishekS View Post
I've heard a lot about it, but never really seen or experience it. Can someone please give some screenshots?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

---------- Post added at 12:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:44 AM ----------

BTW guys, I need two features in my phone. Can anyone help me get them?

1. Lockscreen wallpaper - Is there any way by which I can keep the stock lockscreen but a different wallpaper. I mean I don't want my normal wallpaper to be the locksreen wallpaper too.

2. Say Caller's name - I want my phone to speak the caller's name only when the earplugs are connected, not all the time. And if the contact is not stored then the number.

Anyone has any ideas?
This answer probably won't be of much help, but maybe try a new ROM? I know you want something minimal and stock, so what about Purity? It's super smooth and great battery life, just like Rasbean.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium
 
AbhishekS
Old
#2379  
AbhishekS's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 601
Posts: 2,100
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Mumbai, India
Default Re: Indian Galaxy Nexus users

Well you know my phone and I love RasbeanJelly. Can't leave it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Galaxy Nexus user | Proud Virender Sehwag fan | Visit My Blog | Follow me on Twitter: @AbhishekMSharma | Add me on Google+
The Following User Says Thank You to AbhishekS For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
haxor
Old
#2380  
haxor's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 321
Posts: 1,789
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: some where
Default Re: Indian Galaxy Nexus users

HTC unveil quite a premium smartphone HTC ONE :thumbup: quite impressive Spec too !

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Press THANKS If You Like My Post

The Following User Says Thank You to haxor For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
galaxy nexus, galaxy nexus india, india <3, indians, nexus india
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes