Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,490 Members 40,331 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Galaxy Nexus lagging immensely.

Tip us?

Theshawty
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4353
Default Galaxy Nexus lagging immensely.

Hey guys. I borrowed my brother's old Galaxy Nexus while my HTC One is being repaired and I couldn't help noticing it lags. Immensely. I flashed SlimKat build 3 on it and before that I ran LiquidSmooth. I was under the impression that KitKat was supposed to be less resource hungry.

Is it because it's not "official" (from Google)? Would 4.3 run better, say in the form of CM10.2.1 stable?

Devil_Hunter321
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theshawty View Post
Hey guys. I borrowed my brother's old Galaxy Nexus while my HTC One is being repaired and I couldn't help noticing it lags. Immensely. I flashed SlimKat build 3 on it and before that I ran LiquidSmooth. I was under the impression that KitKat was supposed to be less resource hungry.

Is it because it's not "official" (from Google)? Would 4.3 run better, say in the form of CM10.2.1 stable?
Try Deleting The (Google +) and if its Build in App try deleting it with Root Permission.
this Should Fix that Lag. It did For mine ^.^

cmstlist
Old
Thanks Meter 480
The unfortunate reality is that most Galaxy Nexus units have sluggish internal storage, and any background processes that are trying to write to it while you interact with the phone can create lag in processing and the UI. It was such a relief to switch to the Nexus 5.

mrgnex
Old
Thanks Meter 265
Mine is not lagging but not fast too.. But with the right rom and kernel and some tweaking its pretty fast for its age

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app
SΛMSUNG/Google Galaxy Nexus
ROM: Vanir Nightly
Kernel: A.S.K.P. Patty Remix

SΛMSUNG/Google Nexus 10
ROM: Vanir Nightly
Kernel: Stock Vanir

Theshawty
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4353
I flashed back to 4.3. CM10.2 stable and now it runs better but still lagging. Not as much, though.

faisalrizal79
Old
Thanks Meter 17
lets try cm11 remix .....

kingshads
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Let me know how it is.running slimkat right now and I'm getting pretty much decent performance. We all have to remember this phone is older. I've been trying to justify getting the nexus 5. Will wait until the price comes down a little bit

Sent from the homie

toknitup420
Old
Thanks Meter 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theshawty View Post

It's just the phone. My work phone is a gnex bone stock. And it lags horribly.

Ed V
Old
Thanks Meter 97
Mine is very fast, no lag at all, even after more than 1700 hours without rebooting
Vanir 4.3.1 (final version)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Galaxy Nexus + VANIR ROM + NexusLouder MOD

Nexus 7 FLO (2013) + Back To Stock 4.4.2
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Theshawty
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4353
This thread is active again. I thought I could get my One yesterday but Telecare messed up and sent me one that had even more tint than before, so I'm stuck with this until after May 9th because my carrier store closes for renovation between April 22nd and May 9th..

C'est la vie.