Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Galaxy Nexus Screen - What's Normal, What's Not. (Photos!)

OP chjade84

20th February 2013, 09:00 PM   |  #1591  
Thanks Meter: 16

129 posts
R: Galaxy Nexus Screen - What's Normal, What's Not. (Photos!)
This is mine, black lines over some colors, like red or orange. It's a bad defect but usually not visible.
Less than 1 year for my gn

http://db.tt/2yyXKCPp
24th February 2013, 02:50 AM   |  #1592  
Thanks Meter: 0

6 posts
Thanks!

---------- Post added at 08:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:43 PM ----------

this was very helpful, thanks a lot!
25th February 2013, 03:33 AM   |  #1593  
Flag Metro Detroit
Thanks Meter: 432

1,253 posts
More
I'm letting you know the settings I'm giving you are awesome but don't let your kids use it or have it on longer than 2 minutes before the screen shuts down because it will burn in the letters it has on my screen very lightly ! here goes. Franco kernel....Color multipliers 300/300/400 (if you bought them all up to 400 the white will be coming cream looking white so don't do it) gammas green/red/blue 30/30/30. Omap gamma 1.2 Trinity contrast -16. If u do these settings the screen is amazing but amoled so once Again...be carful and make screen go off in 2 min or less. Franco app is in play store and u can flash straight from it(if rooted of course)
27th February 2013, 07:22 AM   |  #1594  
Flag Lahore
Thanks Meter: 18

199 posts
More
Re: Galaxy Nexus Screen - What's Normal, What's Not. (Photos!)
Very helpfull and informative post mate. Thanks for sharing this with us

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
27th February 2013, 02:43 PM   |  #1595  
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
but the multiplier over 250 isn't dangerous for the amoled display?
2nd March 2013, 03:20 PM   |  #1596  
Flag İstanbul
Thanks Meter: 19

133 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wossner

This is mine, black lines over some colors, like red or orange. It's a bad defect but usually not visible.
Less than 1 year for my gn

http://db.tt/2yyXKCPp

My phone's screen is the same. What can i do for a solution? or Is it possible for a solution to this problem?
2nd March 2013, 03:28 PM   |  #1597  
Flag Eugene, OR
Thanks Meter: 51

213 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SvSGEn

My phone's screen is the same. What can i do for a solution? or Is it possible for a solution to this problem?

My screen had this same defect, or possibly a bit worse. It made it especially unpleasant to read eBooks with black text against a light/white background. I finally took the time to resurrect my Nexus One and returned the Galaxy Nexus to Samsung for a screen replacement, under warranty. It's at Samsung's repair center in Plano, TX, right now. I'm crossing my fingers I'll get a screen that doesn't have this problem or some new one.

In the meantime, it's kinda neat that the Nexus One is still doing the job for me. It has its quirks, but it's a great phone.
The Following User Says Thank You to highvista For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd March 2013, 02:51 PM   |  #1598  
Flag İstanbul
Thanks Meter: 19

133 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by highvista

My screen had this same defect, or possibly a bit worse. It made it especially unpleasant to read eBooks with black text against a light/white background. I finally took the time to resurrect my Nexus One and returned the Galaxy Nexus to Samsung for a screen replacement, under warranty. It's at Samsung's repair center in Plano, TX, right now. I'm crossing my fingers I'll get a screen that doesn't have this problem or some new one.

In the meantime, it's kinda neat that the Nexus One is still doing the job for me. It has its quirks, but it's a great phone.

Thanks for answer.

I'll go to the service to carry out repairs under warranty.
I hope, your problem resolved and me to..
Please give me the latest news.
5th March 2013, 10:07 PM   |  #1599  
Thanks Meter: 17

97 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by highvista

Did the same thing yesterday. Sent in my GNex because of screen problems and revived my Nexus One.
My N1's screen is still as good as it was at day 1 (bought it in the first days after the release and used it for more than two years). The GNex screen on the contrary s%cked in comparison to day 1 (after 1 year) .
6th March 2013, 03:43 PM   |  #1600  
Flag Eugene, OR
Thanks Meter: 51

213 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pommes_Schranke

Did the same thing yesterday. Sent in my GNex because of screen problems and revived my Nexus One.
My N1's screen is still as good as it was at day 1 (bought it in the first days after the release and used it for more than two years). The GNex screen on the contrary s%cked in comparison to day 1 (after 1 year) .

Yeah, the N1 is still a heck of a phone.

I received an email update from Samsung on Monday indicating that my repair is on hold, waiting for parts. I'm assuming that part is a screen, which is good news, since that means they concur that it needs replacing. I don't know if this is standard operating procedure or if I'm in for a long wait. The original estimate for the repair to be done was March 7, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I'll hear something more soon.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread