Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,424 Members 36,292 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Galaxy Nexus Screen - What's Normal, What's Not. (Photos!)

Tip us?

jmattp
Old
Thanks Meter 54
I got my Galaxy Nexus back today and it has the exact same issues. Nothing changed. Samsung sucks.

They sent me another UPS label to send it in again. Maybe this time they'll actually fix it or just swap it for a new one.

Never buying a Samsung product again. I don't mean to start a flamewar here, but if this were an Apple product, I would have it swapped for a new one the first time.

Nasdel
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmattp View Post
I got my Galaxy Nexus back today and it has the exact same issues. Nothing changed. Samsung sucks.

They sent me another UPS label to send it in again. Maybe this time they'll actually fix it or just swap it for a new one.

Never buying a Samsung product again. I don't mean to start a flamewar here, but if this were an Apple product, I would have it swapped for a new one the first time.
Same here, I've got terrible banding on my phone. I can even see it on blacks and you can see it on whites even in sunlight and at a distance. I'm going to call them tomorrow and demand a new phone. If they don't give me that I'll demand a replacement in the meantime.

I sent my phone on Jan 16, it reached them the 18th. 5 weeks,8 phone calls, and 2 emails later, it reaches back home, unfixed . I cannot spend another 5 weeks with my huawei u1250-which is only making phone calls on speaker phone

arzbhatia
Old
(Last edited by arzbhatia; 27th February 2012 at 08:52 PM.)
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 1,823

DONATE TO ME
At low brightness levels (specifically at the lowest) I get a lot of blue tints here and there on the screen? Is that a problem? Like for examples, the notification bar (when dragged down) turns blue and also the buttons on the keyboard turn blue-ish!

I'll post a picture if you want.

Edit : It's actually purplish o.O

EDIT 2 : THE DARK GREYS TURN PURPLE :eek:
ParanoidAndroid Team - UI/UX Manager - Arz Bhatia

chjade84
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by arzbhatia View Post
At low brightness levels (specifically at the lowest) I get a lot of blue tints here and there on the screen? Is that a problem? Like for examples, the notification bar (when dragged down) turns blue and also the buttons on the keyboard turn blue-ish!

I'll post a picture if you want.

Edit : It's actually purplish o.O

EDIT 2 : THE DARK GREYS TURN PURPLE :eek:
Sounds about right. I just keep my brightness at about 60%. Phone lasts all day+ and the screen looks great.
The Following User Says Thank You to chjade84 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

arzbhatia
Old
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 1,823

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by chjade84 View Post
Sounds about right. I just keep my brightness at about 60%. Phone lasts all day+ and the screen looks great.
Hmm, but do you get the purple tints too?

chjade84
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by arzbhatia View Post
Hmm, but do you get the purple tints too?
Hmmm I guess not.

I remember my first phone having some weird tint issues though.

arzbhatia
Old
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 1,823

DONATE TO ME
I contacted Samsung but they aren't replacing the LCD/phone cuz I bought the phone from Germany

jrodsep
Old
Thanks Meter 17
Is the screen supposed to turn on when I receive a text message? I only get the sound and the light notification. But when I receive a call it turns on like normal...

arzbhatia
Old
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 1,823

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrodsep View Post
Is the screen supposed to turn on when I receive a text message? I only get the sound and the light notification. But when I receive a call it turns on like normal...
That's normal.
The Following User Says Thank You to arzbhatia For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

chjade84
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrodsep View Post
Yea it's normal.

If you want it to turn on (and display a popup with a reply box) get GoSMS (free). It's got all kinds of features like that.

The Following User Says Thank You to chjade84 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]