5,605,519 Members 45,583 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Galaxy Nexus Screen - What's Normal, What's Not. (Photos!)

Tip us?

Wossner
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Default R: Galaxy Nexus Screen - What's Normal, What's Not. (Photos!)

This is mine, black lines over some colors, like red or orange. It's a bad defect but usually not visible.
Less than 1 year for my gn

http://db.tt/2yyXKCPp

Babaganush11
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Thanks!

---------- Post added at 08:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:43 PM ----------

this was very helpful, thanks a lot!

Crwolv
Old
Thanks Meter 431
I'm letting you know the settings I'm giving you are awesome but don't let your kids use it or have it on longer than 2 minutes before the screen shuts down because it will burn in the letters it has on my screen very lightly ! here goes. Franco kernel....Color multipliers 300/300/400 (if you bought them all up to 400 the white will be coming cream looking white so don't do it) gammas green/red/blue 30/30/30. Omap gamma 1.2 Trinity contrast -16. If u do these settings the screen is amazing but amoled so once Again...be carful and make screen go off in 2 min or less. Franco app is in play store and u can flash straight from it(if rooted of course)
Detroit country charity artist,android lover,
Im an All around noobness fighter learning and spreading the help wherever I can cuz we all need help sometimes,really loathe mean attitudes or when someone is picked on or bullied .if u need just ASK cuz i only wanna help i ask for no thanx clicks or donations!even my songs are Open Source

akkay1
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Default Re: Galaxy Nexus Screen - What's Normal, What's Not. (Photos!)

Very helpfull and informative post mate. Thanks for sharing this with us

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

deadkey76
Old
Thanks Meter 0
but the multiplier over 250 isn't dangerous for the amoled display?

SvSGEn
Old
Thanks Meter 19

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wossner View Post
This is mine, black lines over some colors, like red or orange. It's a bad defect but usually not visible.
Less than 1 year for my gn

http://db.tt/2yyXKCPp
My phone's screen is the same. What can i do for a solution? or Is it possible for a solution to this problem?
Todo Úl mundo vivir como se merece...

highvista
Old
Thanks Meter 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by SvSGEn View Post
My phone's screen is the same. What can i do for a solution? or Is it possible for a solution to this problem?
My screen had this same defect, or possibly a bit worse. It made it especially unpleasant to read eBooks with black text against a light/white background. I finally took the time to resurrect my Nexus One and returned the Galaxy Nexus to Samsung for a screen replacement, under warranty. It's at Samsung's repair center in Plano, TX, right now. I'm crossing my fingers I'll get a screen that doesn't have this problem or some new one.

In the meantime, it's kinda neat that the Nexus One is still doing the job for me. It has its quirks, but it's a great phone.
Phone: Samsung Galaxy S4 Google Play Edition (GT-I9505G)
Cell Network: T-Mobile
ROM: Android 4.4.2 KOT49H.S001.131204 (Stock)
Kernel: 3.4.0-2270815 (Stock)
Root: Yes, via Unlocked Bootloader and SuperSU-v1.80
Radio: I9505GUEUCML4 (Stock)
Recovery: TWRP 2.6.3.0
The Following User Says Thank You to highvista For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

SvSGEn
Old
Thanks Meter 19

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by highvista View Post
My screen had this same defect, or possibly a bit worse. It made it especially unpleasant to read eBooks with black text against a light/white background. I finally took the time to resurrect my Nexus One and returned the Galaxy Nexus to Samsung for a screen replacement, under warranty. It's at Samsung's repair center in Plano, TX, right now. I'm crossing my fingers I'll get a screen that doesn't have this problem or some new one.

In the meantime, it's kinda neat that the Nexus One is still doing the job for me. It has its quirks, but it's a great phone.
Thanks for answer.

I'll go to the service to carry out repairs under warranty.
I hope, your problem resolved and me to..
Please give me the latest news.
Todo Úl mundo vivir como se merece...

Pommes_Schranke
Old
Thanks Meter 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by highvista View Post

Did the same thing yesterday. Sent in my GNex because of screen problems and revived my Nexus One.
My N1's screen is still as good as it was at day 1 (bought it in the first days after the release and used it for more than two years). The GNex screen on the contrary s%cked in comparison to day 1 (after 1 year) .

highvista
Old
Thanks Meter 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pommes_Schranke View Post
Did the same thing yesterday. Sent in my GNex because of screen problems and revived my Nexus One.
My N1's screen is still as good as it was at day 1 (bought it in the first days after the release and used it for more than two years). The GNex screen on the contrary s%cked in comparison to day 1 (after 1 year) .
Yeah, the N1 is still a heck of a phone.

I received an email update from Samsung on Monday indicating that my repair is on hold, waiting for parts. I'm assuming that part is a screen, which is good news, since that means they concur that it needs replacing. I don't know if this is standard operating procedure or if I'm in for a long wait. The original estimate for the repair to be done was March 7, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I'll hear something more soon.
Phone: Samsung Galaxy S4 Google Play Edition (GT-I9505G)
Cell Network: T-Mobile
ROM: Android 4.4.2 KOT49H.S001.131204 (Stock)
Kernel: 3.4.0-2270815 (Stock)
Root: Yes, via Unlocked Bootloader and SuperSU-v1.80
Radio: I9505GUEUCML4 (Stock)
Recovery: TWRP 2.6.3.0