Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,479 Members 49,398 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Data Connetion

Tip us?

pogibry
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 27
Default [Q] Data Connetion

Hello all!

I am having constant data issues all day where I go to use an app that needs it, it says that no data connection can be found or something. I turn the radio off, turn it back on and then it works. It's a good work-around but it does get very annoying. I've tried multiple 4.4.2 roms but no avail. I tried a different kernel but I couldn't even use the phone. Any ideas?
Most of the time, my advice is worth $.05 and comes from personal experience. On the ocurrance that I actually help, please don't be shy with the "thanks" button
Tablets:
ASUS TF700T 32gb
- Official Cyanogenmod 4.4.4 Nightlies
Microsoft Surface Pro 2 128gb
- Windows 8.1 Pro
Phones:
Nokia Lumia 928
- Windows Dev Preview - Don't hate on the Windows phone; it is slicker than any Android phone I've used, minus the whole no GAPPS thing...

Bruce777
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Same for me; I'm rooted now but it happened before root and after the JB ota updates. Annoying but otherwise I love this phone

I think this has been a known issue since ICS (I could be wrong though).

If anyone knows a fix that would be cool (I have GSM google play gnex)

wsw-wyatt-earp
Old
(Last edited by wsw-wyatt-earp; 28th March 2014 at 02:22 AM.)
Thanks Meter 1
My issues started late last night, lost data connection and it didn't come back. On my way home, it connected then lost again at home. Went to Verizon today and they couldn't figure it out, said possibly the radio is taking a crap.

On my way to work, it connects then gone. I tried flashing the radio, pulled battery, booted without sim, formatted cache and delvic. I have tried everything and think it's the end of the line for it

I've been rooted since the day I got it and had the issue once a while back but it straightened out and has been great since.

nullfeed
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Certain CyanogenMod ROMs have trouble with the Network Modes sticking. Which carrier are you using? For my carrier, I had to have the correct APNs set to get 4G and MMS working. It might be that this is the problem in most cases, especially when the phone switches between 4G and 3G in spotty areas.