FORUMS

I/O Summary: How Android M Handles Power And Charging

In the spirit of improving the core Android experience, Google is changing Android … more

I/O Summary: Google Photos App

At I/O 2015, Google tackled the information problem in mobile once more, this time through … more

I/O Summary: Development, Play Store, The Next Billion

VP of Engineering Jen Fitzpatrick began talking about what Google is doing to … more

I/O Summary: Google Now on Tap

Google is all about organizing the world’s information to make it universally useful, and these … more

[Q] Galaxy Nexus Sleep of Death

Thanks Meter: 0

By Bobby_yan, Junior Member on 22nd August 2014, 10:26 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
5th February 2015, 04:48 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 63

More
NVM
Screen still goes dead.

Anyone find an actual fix to this?
Last edited by isajoo; 6th February 2015 at 02:24 PM.

6th May 2015, 01:18 PM |#12  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Info 2
isajoo,

I had pretty much the same problems with my Galaxy Nexus running CyanogenMod 11 M12.

It got better by doing the following :
  • Blowing dry air in the earpiece… though the proximity sensor is clearly beside it. Can't do any harm though, I guess.
  • Settings/Applications/All/menu/Reset applications preferences (or whatever that's called in english) : that seemed to do a lot of good to my phone ! However, it's a very unsatisfactory answer on a technical point of view, as I still don't know WHAT was precisely needed. It's a "magic wand" solution for which I can't give an explanation.
  • Not specifically related, but greatly helped my phone in the responsiveness area : Trimmer (fstrim) (https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...lement.trimmer), an updated version of LagFix that you may already know

Hope that helped !

(I wanted to try http://www.androidlegend.com/how-to-...samsung-phone/ as well, but apparently, /sys/class/sensors/proximity_sensor/prox_cal does not exist on my phone…)
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread