Galaxy Nexus suddenly slow

Search This thread

jerley

Jul 3, 2014
Hi guys, I need some help with my phone.
More or less one month ago it suddently started to slow down in many ways: the most of the apps take from 2 to 10 seconds to open when I tap on their icon, sometimes apps and videos lag, pretty often apps force crash.
I'm on Android 4.3 stock, stock kernel, never flashed anything different from stock ROMs, I just rooted it before but now it's not even rooted.
I don't even have many apps installed.
I'd like to know if there's something I can do to have back the fast phone I had 'til some months ago; I'd prefer not to do a full wipe (at least if there something else I can do).
Thanks

seriousia

Jan 31, 2011
First Root your phone then install LagFix and trim your memory.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

jerley

Jul 3, 2014
Just backup everything you've got and root + install a custom ROM, possible performance/battery life gains are totally worth it.

Can you suggest me any ROM in particular?
I'm not interest in having the newest OS with the coolest functions, but I want it to be the most stable possible with no FCs at all (obviously if it is possible to have this with some new cool features I'll be happier :D).
Thanks

latenightchameleon

Jun 13, 2014
Toronto
I'm not interest in having the newest OS with the coolest functions, but I want it to be the most stable possible with no FCs at all (obviously if it is possible to have this with some new cool features I'll be happier :D).
Thanks

Sure. I can recommend going with SlimKat. Its really fast, snappy, and the battery life is decent. Look no further than here

Last edited:
Reactions: jerley

jerley

Jul 3, 2014
Well, thank you very much, I'll try it ASAP.
And regerding the backup how can I do it?

latenightchameleon

Jun 13, 2014
Toronto
1) backup sms, contacts, call logs, etc by using super backup from play store. apps can be backed up with titanium backup.
2) copy everything from internal storage to pc
3) Unlock + root, install the rom and gapps
4) copy contents back
5) restore sms, contacts, etc with super backup. restore apps with titanium backup. later I also recommend installing greenify to prevent battery drain

You can shoot me a msg or post here if anything goes wrong or if you need any more help/explanations:good:

Last edited:
Reactions: jerley

jerley

Jul 3, 2014
1) backup sms, contacts, call logs, etc by using super backup from play store. apps can be backed up with titanium backup.
4) copy contents back
5) restore sms, contacts, etc with super backup. restore apps with titanium backup. later I also recommend installing greenify to prevent battery drain

You can shoot me a msg or post here if anything goes wrong or if you need any more help/explanations:good:

Thank you very very very much, you've been super kind.
I'll try later on today and will let you know how it went

jerley

Jul 3, 2014
I have to thank you all again, SlimKat gave new life to my GNex, it's just amazing!
I was even thinking of buying a new phone, but now i'll keep this one 'till it will stop working :D

jerley

Jul 3, 2014
Aaargh, talked too soon.
It's not a big problem but it's pretty annoying: after I restored the SMS with Super Backup I got the notification on the Messages app that I have 163 new SMS (the number of restored SMS) and there's no way I can remove the notification.
I also disabled the app since I use Hangout but the notification is still there.
It only disappeared when I cleared data from settings, but if I open Messages the notification appear again, and also if (without opening the app) I restart the phone.
Of course reading the SMS won't change anything :(

What should I do?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Thanks

Sure. I can recommend going with SlimKat. Its really fast, snappy, and the battery life is decent. Look no further than here
    4) copy contents back