Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,170 Members 48,738 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Galaxy Nexus suddenly slow

Tip us?

latenightchameleon
Old
(Last edited by latenightchameleon; 5th July 2014 at 05:41 PM.)
Thanks Meter 33
1) backup sms, contacts, call logs, etc by using super backup from play store. apps can be backed up with titanium backup.
2) copy everything from internal storage to pc
3) Unlock + root, install the rom and gapps
4) copy contents back
5) restore sms, contacts, etc with super backup. restore apps with titanium backup. later I also recommend installing greenify to prevent battery drain

You can shoot me a msg or post here if anything goes wrong or if you need any more help/explanations
OnePlus One 64GB Black + SlimKat Nightly
Apply CM themes on SlimKat
The Following User Says Thank You to latenightchameleon For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jerley
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by latenightchameleon View Post
1) backup sms, contacts, call logs, etc by using super backup from play store. apps can be backed up with titanium backup.
2) copy everything from internal storage to pc
3) Unlock + root, install the rom and gapps
4) copy contents back
5) restore sms, contacts, etc with super backup. restore apps with titanium backup. later I also recommend installing greenify to prevent battery drain

You can shoot me a msg or post here if anything goes wrong or if you need any more help/explanations
Thank you very very very much, you've been super kind.
I'll try later on today and will let you know how it went

jerley
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I have to thank you all again, SlimKat gave new life to my GNex, it's just amazing!
I was even thinking of buying a new phone, but now i'll keep this one 'till it will stop working

jerley
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Aaargh, talked too soon.
It's not a big problem but it's pretty annoying: after I restored the SMS with Super Backup I got the notification on the Messages app that I have 163 new SMS (the number of restored SMS) and there's no way I can remove the notification.
I also disabled the app since I use Hangout but the notification is still there.
It only disappeared when I cleared data from settings, but if I open Messages the notification appear again, and also if (without opening the app) I restart the phone.
Of course reading the SMS won't change anything

What should I do?