WhatsApp Decides to Protect Your Data

When Facebook bought WhatsApp for the absurdly large sum of $19b back in February, they took the tech … more

Bring Back LTE on the Google Nexus 4 Running Lollipop

One of the predecessors of the latest, largest, and greatest Gooogle Nexus 6(theGoogle … more

Google Maps, My Maps, YouTube, Androidify, Slides, Music Updated–Here’s What’s New

In the last few weeks, Google has been … more

SuperSU BETA: Root Android Lollipop on Stock Kernel

Up until now, if you wanted to get root on Android 5.0, you needed to flash a modified … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Galaxy Nexus suddenly slow

OP jerley

5th July 2014, 06:39 PM   |  #11  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 125

173 posts
More
1) backup sms, contacts, call logs, etc by using super backup from play store. apps can be backed up with titanium backup.
2) copy everything from internal storage to pc
3) Unlock + root, install the rom and gapps
4) copy contents back
5) restore sms, contacts, etc with super backup. restore apps with titanium backup. later I also recommend installing greenify to prevent battery drain

You can shoot me a msg or post here if anything goes wrong or if you need any more help/explanations
Last edited by latenightchameleon; 5th July 2014 at 06:41 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to latenightchameleon For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th July 2014, 09:19 AM   |  #12  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

11 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by latenightchameleon

1) backup sms, contacts, call logs, etc by using super backup from play store. apps can be backed up with titanium backup.
2) copy everything from internal storage to pc
3) Unlock + root, install the rom and gapps
4) copy contents back
5) restore sms, contacts, etc with super backup. restore apps with titanium backup. later I also recommend installing greenify to prevent battery drain

You can shoot me a msg or post here if anything goes wrong or if you need any more help/explanations

Thank you very very very much, you've been super kind.
I'll try later on today and will let you know how it went
7th July 2014, 12:31 PM   |  #13  
OP Junior Member

11 posts
I have to thank you all again, SlimKat gave new life to my GNex, it's just amazing!
I was even thinking of buying a new phone, but now i'll keep this one 'till it will stop working
7th July 2014, 02:22 PM   |  #14  
OP Junior Member

11 posts
Aaargh, talked too soon.
It's not a big problem but it's pretty annoying: after I restored the SMS with Super Backup I got the notification on the Messages app that I have 163 new SMS (the number of restored SMS) and there's no way I can remove the notification.
I also disabled the app since I use Hangout but the notification is still there.
It only disappeared when I cleared data from settings, but if I open Messages the notification appear again, and also if (without opening the app) I restart the phone.
Of course reading the SMS won't change anything

What should I do?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread