5,593,293 Members 32,419 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Will the Galaxy Nexus work with Tmobile web2go?

Tip us?

inhuman5000
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armuro View Post
Yea... probably 5~6 yrs ago... Had SE X1i back then. Was getting only EDGE speed...

Well, up till today, I am still using internet2.voicestream.com. Still pay $9.99 per month. Gets EDGE, 3G, and HSPA depending on area's coverage... (Must say that T-mobile's 3G/H coverage isn't as good as AT&T, but it's cheap...)

I use SE X10i, unlocked, running custom CM7 ROM. Had it for 2 yrs and never had problem with internet2.voicestream.com setting.

Therefore, chances of the same setting working is likely... @ least I'm betting ~$800 on it... =S
Did you order the galaxy nexus? If so, can you please update to see if in fact this works. If it dies I'll have one shipped to me as well. This will be a huge plus for me ordering one.

Armuro
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by inhuman5000 View Post
Did you order the galaxy nexus? If so, can you please update to see if in fact this works. If it dies I'll have one shipped to me as well. This will be a huge plus for me ordering one.
Order placed... Now it's waiting time... Assuming that they have stock on 11/22, probably won't get delivered until middle of wk 11/28... Will try to remember to come back to make a post on the result... If it doesn't work, u wanna buy from me? =P (Stupid gadget obsession... XD)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chirality View Post
Hmm...guess my problem was that I had a T-Mobile MDA (man, it took me a while to remember that name) so they had my IMEI...
I know T-Mobile did some sh!t like that on the Nexus S. Coworker bought 1 from Best Buy. Worked fine at first. Then got locked out about a week or less. He then updated his data plan to $30, and works fine again. This kinda crap, I don't think will happen to the UK version. T-Mobile-USA can't have all the IMEI# in the world... We'll see soon enough in a wk or more time if the seller ships on time...

Peace out!

martonikaj
Old
Thanks Meter 1713
Quote:
I know T-Mobile did some sh!t like that on the Nexus S. Coworker bought 1 from Best Buy. Worked fine at first. Then got locked out about a week or less. He then updated his data plan to $30, and works fine again. This kinda crap, I don't think will happen to the UK version. T-Mobile-USA can't have all the IMEI# in the world... We'll see soon enough in a wk or more time if the seller ships on time...

Peace out!
They had the #'s for the Nexus S' sold because they were made for T-mo's AWS 3G. Surely T-mobile got the IMEI's for these.
Quit signing contracts, stop overpaying for service, GO PREPAID!
Follow me on Twitter / Google+
Don't have Dropbox yet? Sign up from this link, and we both get more storage!

blunden
Old
Thanks Meter 93
Quote:
Will the US carriers ever stop screw their customers over? Probably not. It's kind of sad really but it shows what happens with no competition (as in every phone working on every carrier within the country).

coldchillen
Old
Thanks Meter 3
any word with tzones/web2go?

also, i wonder if itd make a difference whether the phones bought from an american vendor, as opposed to an overseas one..
SMARTPHONES ARE ONLY AS SMART AS THEIR USERS!

Armuro
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Got my GNex today!! (Am happy man right now!)

Plugged my T-Mobile SIM into the GNex... and guess what? GNex loaded the epc.tmobile.com settings automatically... and it WORKS even tho I am on the $10 plan.

Didn't seem to have any issue after about 1 hr of use... But I switched back to internet2.voicestream.com settings... Don't know if t-mobile tracks users on epc.tmobile.com or not, but better be safe than sorry...

After switching to internet2.voicestream.com, internet is working as it should. No issue after another hr of use...

If things change, will make another post.

PS. BTW, this is UK version's GNex. US version doesn't seem to be supporting GSM bands...

waylo
Old
Thanks Meter 128
Cool, keep us updated if anything changes!

Had been holding off, but now there's no reason to!

We hope.

Galaxy S4 T-Mobile
[ROM] Wicked v5.1
[Recovery] TWRP 2.5.0.2
------------
Galaxy Nexus GSM
[ROM] XenonHD vXVIII
[Build] JZO54K 4.1.2
[Kernel] Leankernel 4.7exp2-180/interactive/deadline
[Recovery] TWRP 2.3.3.0
[Radio] I9250XXLF1
[Bootloader] PRIMELC03
------------
HP Touchpad 32gb
[ROM] Jcsullins 7/14/13 build with battery fix

toonlight
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Are there any downsides to doing this?

I have a Galaxy Nexus on the way and am not currently a T-Mobile customer. How would I go about getting my GN on the web2go plan?

waylo
Old
Thanks Meter 128
You can't anymore, unless you already have a T-mob account with that data plan. That's kind of the point. Once you give up the grandfathered data plans, or "upgrade" to an Android data plan (at least $20), it's gone forever. So it behooves anyone who still has it to hold on to it.

Way way back, in the early days of wireless data, T-mobile had a $3? plan, on GPRS. Then it went up to $5. I have the $5.99. Then they started offering a $10 plan. That was available up until maybe last year? I think it's completely unavailable now.

Galaxy S4 T-Mobile
[ROM] Wicked v5.1
[Recovery] TWRP 2.5.0.2
------------
Galaxy Nexus GSM
[ROM] XenonHD vXVIII
[Build] JZO54K 4.1.2
[Kernel] Leankernel 4.7exp2-180/interactive/deadline
[Recovery] TWRP 2.3.3.0
[Radio] I9250XXLF1
[Bootloader] PRIMELC03
------------
HP Touchpad 32gb
[ROM] Jcsullins 7/14/13 build with battery fix

NardVa
Old
Thanks Meter 48
Quote:
Got my GNex today!! (Am happy man right now!)

Plugged my T-Mobile SIM into the GNex... and guess what? GNex loaded the epc.tmobile.com settings automatically... and it WORKS even tho I am on the $10 plan.

Didn't seem to have any issue after about 1 hr of use... But I switched back to internet2.voicestream.com settings... Don't know if t-mobile tracks users on epc.tmobile.com or not, but better be safe than sorry...

After switching to internet2.voicestream.com, internet is working as it should. No issue after another hr of use...

If things change, will make another post.

PS. BTW, this is UK version's GNex. US version doesn't seem to be supporting GSM bands...
Good to hear. Keep us posted. I hope Tmobile doesn't pull the plug after a few weeks.

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using xda premium