Microsoft to Counter “OK Google” with Bing Torque

When Microsoft is making apps for Android, users should be aware that something … more

Google Confirms “Android Lollipop Day” for November 3rd

A little over a week ago, Google announced the latest iteration of … more

Get Your XDA 2015 Custom Avatar and Signature Images Here

As stated in our motto, XDA Developer is for developers, by developers. The … more

Pin Your Photos on Android Lollipop with Photo Pinner

In the last few weeks,we have been talking quite a bit about Android 5.0 Lollipop. This … more

Galaxy Nexus Back to Stock with No USB

OP kraymondksc

6th August 2012, 03:58 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Galaxy Nexus(Verizon CDMA)
ICS 4.0.4
Build number: IMM30B
Unlocked
Not rooted

I was hoping someone here might be able to help me with my Galaxy Nexus. My Mac, PC, or Linux box won't recognize my phone anymore. I've tried multiple battery pulls, cords, driver updates(Windows 7), an have wiped the phone. My Nexus 7 is recognized by all 3 PCs so it seems like a phone issue.

When I first got the phone, it had 4.0.2 on it but the battery life was horrendous so I manually flashed 4.0.4 IMM30B instead of waiting for the official OTA. I have read on another thread that someone with the same version of ICS had the same USB issue. They ended up returning the phone. I have a feeling that this is software related and not hardware.

So my question is, is it possible for me to go back to stock 4.0.2. It seems like Odin and fastboot all need usb. I read that a factory format may be possible using a dialer code(*2767*3855#), but when I tried it it didn't do anything. Probably worth noting that I didn't take any backups before flashing.
6th August 2012, 04:01 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 1,083

2,866 posts
More
only thing i know without a USB is mobile ODIN.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...mobileodin.pro
6th August 2012, 04:10 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Thanks for the response Zep but from what I understand Mobile Odin requires root

[QUOTE=Zepius;29859801]only thing i know without a USB is mobile ODIN.
6th August 2012, 06:09 PM   |  #4  
Senior Moderator
Flag Montreal Bow2DaCow
Thanks Meter: 8,098

9,548 posts
Donate to Me
More
Are you sure it's not a driver issue?

If you can't use the USB port AND you don't have root AND you don't have a custom recovery, I don't think there is much else you can do.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
6th August 2012, 08:04 PM   |  #5  
Flag Niagara Falls ON Canada
Thanks Meter: 633

2,805 posts
More
Efrant is correct. I think you should try manually installing drivers for Galaxy Nexus. There are few helpful instruction on how to install drivers on xda
6th August 2012, 08:18 PM   |  #6  
Flag Almelo
Thanks Meter: 282

828 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kraymondksc

Galaxy Nexus(Verizon CDMA)
ICS 4.0.4
Build number: IMM30B
Unlocked
Not rooted

I was hoping someone here might be able to help me with my Galaxy Nexus. My Mac, PC, or Linux box won't recognize my phone anymore. I've tried multiple battery pulls, cords, driver updates(Windows 7), an have wiped the phone. My Nexus 7 is recognized by all 3 PCs so it seems like a phone issue.

When I first got the phone, it had 4.0.2 on it but the battery life was horrendous so I manually flashed 4.0.4 IMM30B instead of waiting for the official OTA. I have read on another thread that someone with the same version of ICS had the same USB issue. They ended up returning the phone. I have a feeling that this is software related and not hardware.

So my question is, is it possible for me to go back to stock 4.0.2. It seems like Odin and fastboot all need usb. I read that a factory format may be possible using a dialer code(*2767*3855#), but when I tried it it didn't do anything. Probably worth noting that I didn't take any backups before flashing.

On you windows box, what do you see when you plugin your phone with the device manger window open? Is nothing detected at all?
6th August 2012, 08:33 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 13

58 posts
Are you using the same cable between the nexus 7 adn the Gnex? If not, the cable you are using with your Gnex may be a charge only cable or it could be damaged.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread