Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,924 Members 45,127 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Galaxy Nexus unable to boot to recovery.

Tip us?

silentz0r_
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default Galaxy Nexus unable to boot to recovery.

Hello,

I have a Galaxy Nexus GSM. I rooted it and unlocked the bootloader using Galaxy Nexus toolkit a while ago, and flashed the 4.1.1 stock ROM (Build number JRO03C). Yesterday i received a notification for a system update to 4.1.2. I hit download, phone rebooted into recovery, i chose to flash the rom and everything seemed fine, however i'm still on the older version 4.1.1. Now, when i try to boot my phone into recovery (VOL_DOWN & Power Button) it shows me the boot screen and says "Downloading, please do not turn off" and i can't do anything. If I hit the power button again the phone reboots normally. Any ideas what I can do?

Sorry if I am at the wrong section.

silentz0r

Cilraaz
Old
Thanks Meter 204

DONATE TO ME
Volume down and power is the key combo for Odin download mode. You want volume up, volume down, and power. This will take you into the bootloader. From there, you can use volume up/down to scroll to recovery and press power to load into recovery.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Cilraaz For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

stordy007
Old
Thanks Meter 0
That used to happen to me.....I later realised that it's Coz of the update....well simply return to the previous version of the app and re-flash without the upgrade. Hope it helps u out too.

Sent from my U8150 using xda app-developers app

3rdstring
Old
(Last edited by 3rdstring; 18th October 2012 at 03:56 PM.)
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1081
Quote:
Originally Posted by silentz0r_ View Post
Hello,

I have a Galaxy Nexus GSM. I rooted it and unlocked the bootloader using Galaxy Nexus toolkit a while ago, and flashed the 4.1.1 stock ROM (Build number JRO03C). Yesterday i received a notification for a system update to 4.1.2. I hit download, phone rebooted into recovery, i chose to flash the rom and everything seemed fine, however i'm still on the older version 4.1.1. Now, when i try to boot my phone into recovery (VOL_DOWN & Power Button) it shows me the boot screen and says "Downloading, please do not turn off" and i can't do anything. If I hit the power button again the phone reboots normally. Any ideas what I can do?

Sorry if I am at the wrong section.

silentz0r
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cilraaz View Post
Volume down and power is the key combo for Odin download mode. You want volume up, volume down, and power. This will take you into the bootloader. From there, you can use volume up/down to scroll to recovery and press power to load into recovery.
^^This^^

The OTA won't flash if you have changed any system files or you're not running stock recovery & radio & kernel ...
Chuck

Nexus 5 / Stock
Kindle Fire HD
The Following User Says Thank You to 3rdstring For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

silentz0r_
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rdstring View Post
^^This^^

The OTA won't flash if you have changed any system files or you're not running stock recovery & radio & kernel ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cilraaz View Post
Thanks a lot! So how can I restore the Odin mode from applying the update? Reflash the ROM?

3rdstring
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1081
Quote:
Originally Posted by silentz0r_ View Post
Thanks a lot! So how can I restore the Odin mode from applying the update? Reflash the ROM?
Look at the stickies in the general forum. There is one for flashing an OTA & one for flashing a stock ROM, take your pick

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Chuck

Nexus 5 / Stock
Kindle Fire HD
Tags
galaxy nexus recovery downloading rom