5,594,221 Members 43,396 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Galaxy Nexus updated to cyanogenmod 10.2 has no background data (auto sync)

Tip us?

Inexorable88
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Exclamation [Q] Galaxy Nexus updated to cyanogenmod 10.2 has no background data (auto sync)

After updating my Galaxy Nexus to cyanogenmod 10.2 the network icon is grey instead of blue. Background data and auto sync are turned on, the google account says its being synced, but I only get new email when I sync it manually. The internet works on the phone and any account can be synced manually, but no matter how I set it, nothing will sync by itself. Is anyone else experiencing this issue (is there a fix)?

ahogue
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Not sure if this is the same issue, but... I was also experiencing greyed-out network readings (both wifi and cell) on my Galaxy Nexus GSM. Apparently google apps is incompatible between 10.1 and 10.2, which causes the phone to be unable to talk to google's servers (which is what a "blue" network icon means).

This silly forum won't let me post links to help other users, so to find the instructions/background, google for "how do i update cyanogenmod faqs" and check out the "Update from 10.1 to 10.2" post in the first link on the cyanogenmod forum. (Think of it like a treasure hunt.)

Updating my gapps addon fixed this issue for me. YMMV.

Inexorable88
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Thanks a lot!
After installing gapps I had to manually uninstall and install every google app to get them working, but after that everything is good!