Generic IMEI now No signal

OP Klejdi90

23rd January 2014, 05:09 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag In the land of the ten pound note and the nugget
Thanks Meter: 24

165 posts
More
I remember a while back formatting /factory on my Gnex before flashing a ROM. At the time I thought nothing of it. Later I discovered it is a big deal. I left it as it was as the network I was on was working fine. Today it appears the generic IMEI has been blocked by my network. I have seen guides to repair the IMEI, but it appears that my files do not match what the guides say I should be seeing. For example in /data/radio/log/nv.log I only have the following : Tue Jan 21 02:53:47 2014: nv data does not exist (GED)
Tue Jan 21 02:53:47 2014: nv data does not exist
Tue Jan 21 02:53:48 2014: default NV restored

Whereas in /factory I only have a lost+found empty folder.

I hope someone can help me out
24th January 2014, 01:37 PM   |  #2  
Flag Miami, FL
Thanks Meter: 114

341 posts
More
If you haven't previously backed up the factory partition then I'm afraid your phone is now an expensive mini tablet.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
24th January 2014, 07:05 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 4

18 posts
I found this in another thread -

By restoring your nandroid, what you have done is restored the proper files in /data/radio, which is what Android looks at for IMEI. However, there will still be nothing in /factory, so if you ever wipe or do a factory reset, your IMEI will disappear again. In order to get it to stick, I believe you still need to copy the nv_data.bin.md5 and nv_data.bin files from /data/radio to /factory.

Hope it helps..
24th January 2014, 08:26 PM   |  #4  
Flag Yorkshire
Thanks Meter: 36

99 posts
More
I replied to your post in my thread with the same issue: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...94&postcount=9

If you have some sort of backup you might be in luck, if not it doesn't look good sadly.

Good luck i hope you manage to fix your Nexus
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread