Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,628 Members 38,309 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Generic IMEI now No signal

Tip us?

Klejdi90
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 24
Default Generic IMEI now No signal

I remember a while back formatting /factory on my Gnex before flashing a ROM. At the time I thought nothing of it. Later I discovered it is a big deal. I left it as it was as the network I was on was working fine. Today it appears the generic IMEI has been blocked by my network. I have seen guides to repair the IMEI, but it appears that my files do not match what the guides say I should be seeing. For example in /data/radio/log/nv.log I only have the following : Tue Jan 21 02:53:47 2014: nv data does not exist (GED)
Tue Jan 21 02:53:47 2014: nv data does not exist
Tue Jan 21 02:53:48 2014: default NV restored

Whereas in /factory I only have a lost+found empty folder.

I hope someone can help me out

Culex316
Old
Thanks Meter 113
If you haven't previously backed up the factory partition then I'm afraid your phone is now an expensive mini tablet.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

az.dsrt
Old
Thanks Meter 4
I found this in another thread -

By restoring your nandroid, what you have done is restored the proper files in /data/radio, which is what Android looks at for IMEI. However, there will still be nothing in /factory, so if you ever wipe or do a factory reset, your IMEI will disappear again. In order to get it to stick, I believe you still need to copy the nv_data.bin.md5 and nv_data.bin files from /data/radio to /factory.

Hope it helps..

InsaneNutter
Old
Thanks Meter 35
I replied to your post in my thread with the same issue: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...94&postcount=9

If you have some sort of backup you might be in luck, if not it doesn't look good sadly.

Good luck i hope you manage to fix your Nexus

Phone history: Nokia 3210 > Nokia Ngage > Nokia 6630 > Nokia N95 > HTC Desire > Galaxy Nexus > OnePlus One