Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,823 Members 52,104 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Getting Galaxy Nexus on T-Mobile

Tip us?

Ngo93
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 969
Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdsfan View Post
I purchased my GNex from Expansys for T-Mobile (I love the phone BTW) and I asked them specifically which version they were selling and it will be the Google build and not the Samsung build. Additionally, I was told by expansys as this is a European phone it is subject to European laws and they provide a three year warranty. I do not have that in writing but I asked the guy the same question three different ways and he gave me the same answer every time....
I called Negri and they told me all their phones have the Samsung build, ugh
I've heard that customer service is terrible at Expansys though, how did it fair for you? I'm still trying to deciding whether to buy or not buy the phone, it's so much money... lol

zephiK
Old
Thanks Meter 3388

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ngo93 View Post
I've heard that customer service is terrible at Expansys though, how did it fair for you? I'm still trying to deciding whether to buy or not buy the phone, it's so much money... lol
Builds dont matter. You can change it to yakju, and if u don't want to then you really don't have a voice in complaining because it's there to change, but you just don't wanna do it.

And I don't think customer service @ Expansys is terrible... contact Corey from XDA, he is from Expansys and personally posts here.

$529 @ Newegg is the cheapest... however warranty is only 90 days compared to Negri and Expansys' warranties. We GSM users bought it way back for $700+, consider yourself lucky lol
Twitter -- If you actually need to get in contact with me just tweet me rather than PMs its more efficient and I can get back to you faster.

OnePlus One: Mahdi | Franco Kernel
Nexus 5: Mahdi | Franco Kernel
Older devices: Nexus 4, Galaxy Nexus, ASUS TF101, Nexus S, Samsung Vibrant, G1
The Following User Says Thank You to zephiK For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Ngo93
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 969
Quote:
Originally Posted by zephiK View Post
Builds dont matter. You can change it to yakju, and if u don't want to then you really don't have a voice in complaining because it's there to change, but you just don't wanna do it.

And I don't think customer service @ Expansys is terrible... contact Corey from XDA, he is from Expansys and personally posts here.

$529 @ Newegg is the cheapest... however warranty is only 90 days compared to Negri and Expansys' warranties. We GSM users bought it way back for $700+, consider yourself lucky lol
Well I'm not complaining I'm just thinking it out loud really, sorry if I came off as whiny. I just don't want to do anything to void the warranty yet as I've read problems w/ mysteriously cracking screens and the like. How long does it take Samsung to push out the updates compared to Google?

martonikaj
Old
Thanks Meter 1714
Quote:
As I said, it doesn't matter... any i9250 model can be flashed to yakju. Just get it where you can get the best price (or best price w/ warranty). Samsung will be a couple to several weeks behind, depending on which build you have. Just flash to yakju you'll be glad you did.

Also, it doesn't void the warranty to unlock the bootloader and load yakju. Its okay lol you can re-flash and return to stock if you want.
Quit signing contracts, stop overpaying for service, GO PREPAID!
Follow me on Twitter / Google+
Don't have Dropbox yet? Sign up from this link, and we both get more storage!

Birdsfan
Old
Thanks Meter 44
Quote:
Very easy process for me, I have purchased from Negri and they were good but not great. I would buy from Expansys again in a heart beat especially if you have a clue. Ask them about the warranty on the phone and see what they say.

Ngo93
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 969
Omg.. I placed the order and then Google cancelled it for some reason. Now they said I have to wait 3-5 days for the funds to come back into my account and then I can try again using Amazon checkout.

Birdsfan
Old
Thanks Meter 44
Quote:
Omg.. I placed the order and then Google cancelled it for some reason. Now they said I have to wait 3-5 days for the funds to come back into my account and then I can try again using Amazon checkout.
Did you go through Negri or Expansys?

Ngo93
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 969
Quote:
Did you go through Negri or Expansys?
I went through Negri since I was buying the extended battery from them as well, I figured it'd be easier doing everything from 1 site. Ugh, this is such a bummer

Birdsfan
Old
Thanks Meter 44
Quote:
I went through Negri since I was buying the extended battery from them as well, I figured it'd be easier doing everything from 1 site. Ugh, this is such a bummer
I had the same issue with Negri and Google Checkout. Use your Amazon account if you have one or just use your Google account with Expansys. Just make sure your CC company knows there will be a refund from Negri. As far as the extended battery why get what you don't need unless you end up needing it?? I'm 3 months without ever having a dead battery, I charge every night though. If you want to buy an accessory buy the desktop dock!!
The Following User Says Thank You to Birdsfan For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Ngo93
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 969
Quote:
I had the same issue with Negri and Google Checkout. Use your Amazon account if you have one or just use your Google account with Expansys. Just make sure your CC company knows there will be a refund from Negri. As far as the extended battery why get what you don't need unless you end up needing it?? I'm 3 months without ever having a dead battery, I charge every night though. If you want to buy an accessory buy the desktop dock!!
Yeah I'll make sure to do that next. This is so frustrating though, I gotta wait almost another week before I can order this now.

Sent from my HTC Pyramid using xda premium