OP Ngo93

18th March 2012, 10:25 PM   |  #31  
Flag Seattle, WA
Thanks Meter: 1,715

7,850 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImDonly1

I've only read bad things about Negri, unless they changed a bit since.

Link to read

It seems the owner/CS is very defensive and won't admit to any mistakes. They will overcharge you and then if you e-mail to them complaining he will say "we do not need your business if you are threatening us." They won't refund you anything.

There are some positive reviews, but from the bad ones it seems if a problem did happen they wouldn't help you. I would prefer Amazon over Negri.

I have never used Negri personally.

In my experience the prices, ship time, and customer service were all great. Again, my experience.

Just keep in mind that the people who had a bad experience are the most likely to spout off in reviews and tell everyone about it. Not saying that Negri hasn't ever made a bad call with a customer, but the cases with these things usual stem from people not understanding what they're getting into buying an unlocked phone, and they expect the same experience as going into a carrier store where the sales reps wet themselves to make a sale... And then they're disappointed when the warranty doesn't work out or they don't get to take back 5 devices for "flaws" and get replacements for free.
18th March 2012, 10:34 PM   |  #32  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 983

2,479 posts
Well I hope I get good service from Negri as I've heard mainly positive things about them. And from my few phone calls to them the other day the sales rep. was very helpful and polite about the whole situation. How long did shipping take for most of you anyways?
For any one who has had an order cancelled by Google, how long did it take for the money to come back into your account? I know the rep. told me it usually would take 3-5 days, but I just want to hear some personal experiences also.
18th March 2012, 11:07 PM   |  #33  
Flag Seattle, WA

7,850 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ngo93

Well I hope I get good service from Negri as I've heard mainly positive things about them. And from my few phone calls to them the other day the sales rep. was very helpful and polite about the whole situation. How long did shipping take for most of you anyways?

I got it in 3 business days from NV (their warehouse) to Bellingham, WA on free shipping.
The Following User Says Thank You to martonikaj For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th March 2012, 05:31 AM   |  #34  
OP Senior Member

2,479 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by martonikaj

I got it in 3 business days from NV (their warehouse) to Bellingham, WA on free shipping.

Ah I'm so impatient and excited to get this phone! I've been reading up on more about rooting & ROM-ing on the Galaxy Nexus and it seems so extremely easy. The program basically does everything for you huh
So I think I actually will be rooting it as it seems as simple as using the program again to unroot and and relock the bootloader. I think I'll be trying out the AOKP milestone 4 ROM first as I've read that that is a pretty good ROM. Thanks Martonikaj and everyone else for being so helpful to me and answering my numerous questions throughout this thread

Oh I've also been reading the thread about the mysteriously cracking screens, keeping me fingers crossed that that doesn't happen to me! ><
Last edited by Ngo93; 19th March 2012 at 05:33 AM.
21st March 2012, 02:50 PM   |  #35  
OP Senior Member

2,479 posts
The Nexus will be here on Monday! My Kraken case and XO Skin screen protector will also arrive this week
Ah it's gonna be good to finally get off this Blackberry! Quick ROM question, has anyone tried both ARHD and AOKP? Could I hear your opinions about each of them compared to each other? (I know I can test both when I get the phone, but would just like to hear some opinions beforehand)
25th March 2012, 05:22 AM   |  #36  
Ann Arbor
Thanks Meter: 1

24 posts
Quote:

The Nexus will be here on Monday! My Kraken case and XO Skin screen protector will also arrive this week
Ah it's gonna be good to finally get off this Blackberry! Quick ROM question, has anyone tried both ARHD and AOKP? Could I hear your opinions about each of them compared to each other? (I know I can test both when I get the phone, but would just like to hear some opinions beforehand)

Hey I know that I'm bumping up a post up from about a week ago, but I'm pretty much on the same boat as you when it comes to the Galaxy Nexus. I'm probably going to buy an unlocked one off Amazon now (Around $500 at this time), and probably going to pop in a T-Mobile SIM card in as soon as I get it and use the unlimited text/data for $30/month.

The question for me is, how do I exactly get this plan and SIM card, and how do I take advantage of it? Sorry if this sounds kinda noobish, it's going to be my first phone LOL

On another note, how do I exactly flash my phone to a negri model so I can receive updates quicker? Tried searching but couldn't really find an easy guide. If anyone could link me, thanks!

Just a new user who needs help, lol
25th March 2012, 05:23 AM   |  #37  
Recognized Contributor
Flag New York, NY
Thanks Meter: 6,072

14,173 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

There's already MANY MANY threads about AOKP and ROMs. Check those threads because this thread (i know you're OP) is about getting GN on T-Mobile.. not on ROMs but there are many other threads to see user opinions (or just view the thread for the ROM and see what people think about it).
25th March 2012, 06:07 AM   |  #38  
OP Senior Member

2,479 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zephiK

There's already MANY MANY threads about AOKP and ROMs. Check those threads because this thread (i know you're OP) is about getting GN on T-Mobile.. not on ROMs but there are many other threads to see user opinions (or just view the thread for the ROM and see what people think about it).

Yes I checked them and did research after I posted that and I've decided to flash AOKP once I get the phone. I just wanted to see a quick opinion, that was all
Thanks again for everyone's help
25th March 2012, 06:30 AM   |  #39  
Flag Seattle, WA

7,850 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by IRageQuitHard

The question for me is, how do I exactly get this plan and SIM card, and how do I take advantage of it? Sorry if this sounds kinda noobish, it's going to be my first phone LOL

You buy a SIM card activation kit from T-Mobile. Activate it online, pay for service, and put it in the phone. Done.

More reference, see this thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1366927

And for more info on prepaid, this thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1455014

Quote:

On another note, how do I exactly flash my phone to a negri model so I can receive updates quicker? Tried searching but couldn't really find an easy guide. If anyone could link me, thanks!

Check with this app: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...officialupdate

If it says you're updated by Google, you have a "yakju" model and you don't have to do anything.

If it says you're updated by Samsung, you have a "yakju**" model and if that bothers you, follow the guide here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1464881

Quote:

Just a new user who needs help, lol

Its okay. Just do some research. Theres a ton of information out there. You're not the first to do these things and they're well discussed in this forum.
Last edited by martonikaj; 25th March 2012 at 06:33 AM.
25th March 2012, 07:06 AM   |  #40  
Recognized Contributor
Flag New York, NY
Thanks Meter: 6,072

14,173 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Yes I checked them and did research after I posted that and I've decided to flash AOKP once I get the phone. I just wanted to see a quick opinion, that was all
Thanks again for everyone's help

didn't mean to be mean or anything, just didn't want your thread to go out of topic hehe.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread