FORUMS

CloudPlayer: DIY HiFi Music Streaming Solution

In our Helpful Guide to Music Streaming Services, we mentioned several different services … more

Optimize Battery Life with This Useful App

Battery life is an important aspect of your smartphone, especially if you use it for more … more

The OnePlus 2 & The Year of Smartphone Compromises

We are very close to entering the last third of 2015, and we have now seen many of … more

OnePlus 2 Teardown, Major Android Vulnerability – XDA TV

The OnePlus 2 has been officially released. That and much more news is … more

GNEX Bricked Bootloop odin/rootkit doesnt work

3 posts
Thanks Meter: 0
 
By vzmaniac, Junior Member on 11th June 2014, 07:11 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
hey all

got a gsm GNEX that was stuck on bootloop.

have tried every way to unbrick it i could find flashing with odin, rootkit and fastboot and adb... have flashed android 4.0, 4.2, 4.4 and CM-11

same thing happens everytime every seperate flash the phone will reboot 5-10 times then say "updating apps" will finish that and go into a constant bootloop...

im wondering if the phone is either hardbricked or if its a hardware failure.

any help would be great

cheers
 
 
11th June 2014, 09:45 PM |#2  
mrgnex's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Vlaardingen
Thanks Meter: 304
 
More
Hardware failure. Your internal memory is fried. Try to lock the bootloader. If its still unlocked on boot, you know it for sure.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA Free mobile app
12th June 2014, 01:47 AM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgnex

Hardware failure. Your internal memory is fried. Try to lock the bootloader. If its still unlocked on boot, you know it for sure.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA Free mobile app

locked the phone and the unlocked padlock is no longer there on start up....
Last edited by vzmaniac; 12th June 2014 at 03:00 AM.
12th June 2014, 06:35 PM |#4  
mrgnex's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Vlaardingen
Thanks Meter: 304
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vzmaniac

locked the phone and the unlocked padlock is no longer there on start up....

Thats a good sign. Back up everything and unlock it again. Then try to flash the stock rom via fastboot. Without any toolkits!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA Free mobile app
13th June 2014, 02:21 AM |#5  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgnex

Thats a good sign. Back up everything and unlock it again. Then try to flash the stock rom via fastboot. Without any toolkits!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA Free mobile app

flashed 2 different stock firmwares via fastboot... still no luck...

ive noticed now when it goes to reboot it gets 3-5 lines through the screen.... could this be something ? im getting to the point i think its a hardware problem...
13th June 2014, 08:28 AM |#6  
mrgnex's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Vlaardingen
Thanks Meter: 304
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vzmaniac

flashed 2 different stock firmwares via fastboot... still no luck...

ive noticed now when it goes to reboot it gets 3-5 lines through the screen.... could this be something ? im getting to the point i think its a hardware problem...

Did you use the flash-all.bat or did you flash everything manually? The lines could be an electrical issue or its an issue with the screen..

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA Free mobile app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes