Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,852 Members 41,895 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] GNex doesn't recognize any micro-SIM card (even with adapter)

Tip us?

Alimdoener
Old
(Last edited by Alimdoener; 28th January 2014 at 09:20 AM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy [Q] GNex doesn't recognize any micro-SIM card (even with adapter)

Yesterday I had to switch the SIM-card in my GNex. The new one is a combi-SIM-card (an ordinary one where you can break out a micro SIM).
The ordinary one wasn't recognized so I broke out the micro SIM and tried it in my iPhone. It works flawlessly.

Then I used a micro-sim adapter to put it in my GNex again. Not working again. Then I tried to place the micro SIM manually in my GNex. Moved it a little bit — airplane mode on — airplane mode off. Again nothing. I also tried it with another micro SIM card. Again no luck.

The only type of SIM cards which seem to work are the old ones with the bigger connectors but sadly I can't get one of these anymore for my contact since they are all combi-SIM cards now.

So does anyone have an idea how to get that SIM card running in my GNex? It's too young to retire it :/

This is the equipment:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20140128_101754.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	279.1 KB
ID:	2544063  

AndroidInsanity
Old
Thanks Meter 245

DONATE TO ME
Strange my micro sim works great without adapter. Just needed to fiddle then restarts it and it picked it up

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Top reliable phones I have had: HTC One. LG G2, Nexus 4, Note 2, Nokia 5800, Motorola RAZR V3X, Motorola RAZR i, Nexus 5 Had many more, but these devices were the best IMO.

Current Phone: HTC One M8

Press THANKS if i helped you, it's nice knowing when you have helped somebody out

Alimdoener
Old
(Last edited by Alimdoener; 29th January 2014 at 12:09 AM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
One of the SIM card reader PINs seems to be gone. I already ordered a replacement SIM card reader from eBay for 5€.

The repair-shop told me that T-mobile SIM cards could still work since only the lower right PIN is missing. I don't know why but the shop-guy was right.

EDIT: I was able to fix the missing PIN temporarily by using tinfoil )
Tags
micro-sim, sim