Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,576 Members 38,120 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

GNEX frozen at JB startup animation (multicolored X)

Tip us?

berniefranz
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
installed TWRP and was able to see to rom.tar uploaded via adb in the download folder, but wasn't able to use to flash as probably both recovery wants .zip and not .tar, so I'll now untar and zip the stock rom and upload it again...

small steps...

berniefranz
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
had a md5 check fail during flash, so still no good news. I was surfing a bit when noticed that developers.google.com doesn't have a factory image for 4.2.1 jop40d but only for 4.1.2 jzo54k. Does this mean I should flash 4.1.2 and then update, or try directly for the 4.2.1 which I can't find (a working one)?

berniefranz
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
went back to CWM but installation failed as well as TWRP, so I guess my last option is to take it to a samsung job center to check whether I have a corrupted memory or else... ANyway thanks everybody for your support..

Quote:
Originally Posted by berniefranz View Post
had a md5 check fail during flash, so still no good news. I was surfing a bit when noticed that developers.google.com doesn't have a factory image for 4.2.1 jop40d but only for 4.1.2 jzo54k. Does this mean I should flash 4.1.2 and then update, or try directly for the 4.2.1 which I can't find (a working one)?

berniefranz
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Had to take it to the job center where, it was downgraded to 4.0.4 (have still to check which flavour) fixed something and Wiped everything. When I side about he post mortem backup and the intention to try a restore from there I was give an are you kidding look, it could crash again... sigh.
Anyway thanks everyone that spent some time to try and explain a noob how to try to solve this issue.. Now I've got a new galaxy nexus, so after a little grievance I'll start reading on how to flash a nice rom...

Quote:
Originally Posted by berniefranz View Post
went back to CWM but installation failed as well as TWRP, so I guess my last option is to take it to a samsung job center to check whether I have a corrupted memory or else... ANyway thanks everybody for your support..