Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,779,301 Members 50,270 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] CM11 - STRANGE data problem

Tip us?

HochmanM
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Default [Q] CM11 - STRANGE data problem

So I've been having this problem for several months now...

1. When I go into the testing menu (*#*#4636#*#*) it currently says LTE/CDMA (auto PRL)

a. When I switch on LTE from the notification pulldown I cannot get a data signal, however voice calls still work. I can leave searching for 20+ mins. for a signal, it never finds one.

b. When I switch off LTE I am able to get a 3g data connection, and voice calls continue to work

2. When I go into the testing menu (*#*#4636#*#*) and switch to "LTE Only" I am able to get a 4g signal, but no voice calls or sms (as expected),.

I've tried a the 3 most recent radio's. I'e gotten 2 new SIM cards. I've tried clean installs of CM. I haven't tried other ROM's, although I'd be open to suggestions if people have no data issues (I like CM a lot though).

Any one else experiencing anything like this?
Thanks for your help!

zzrssh
Old
(Last edited by zzrssh; 23rd May 2014 at 09:09 PM.)
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by HochmanM View Post
So I've been having this problem for several months now...

1. When I go into the testing menu (*#*#4636#*#*) it currently says LTE/CDMA (auto PRL)

a. When I switch on LTE from the notification pulldown I cannot get a data signal, however voice calls still work. I can leave searching for 20+ mins. for a signal, it never finds one.

b. When I switch off LTE I am able to get a 3g data connection, and voice calls continue to work

2. When I go into the testing menu (*#*#4636#*#*) and switch to "LTE Only" I am able to get a 4g signal, but no voice calls or sms (as expected),.

I've tried a the 3 most recent radio's. I'e gotten 2 new SIM cards. I've tried clean installs of CM. I haven't tried other ROM's, although I'd be open to suggestions if people have no data issues (I like CM a lot though).

Any one else experiencing anything like this?
Thanks for your help!
I've experienced the same problem on newer nightlies, M5 and M6. I formatted /data, /cache, and /system, then install M4. data + voice work right away.

Try switching to CM11 M4.

I upgraded to M6 (then tried M5 after it didn't work) due to bluetooth issues on M4; specifically, none of the advanced features of bluetooth, such as the ability to sync my text/voicemail notifications and display artist/title info on my dash, didn't work with my car. But I'd rather have reliable mobile data service on M4 with crappy bluetooth support than unusable mobile data service on M6 with great bluetooth support.

Edit: this is a toroplus phone on Sprint, btw.
The Following User Says Thank You to zzrssh For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

HochmanM
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by zzrssh View Post
I've experienced the same problem on newer nightlies, M5 and M6. I formatted /data, /cache, and /system, then install M4. data + voice work right away.

Try switching to CM11 M4.

I upgraded to M6 (then tried M5 after it didn't work) due to bluetooth issues on M4; specifically, none of the advanced features of bluetooth, such as the ability to sync my text/voicemail notifications and display artist/title info on my dash, didn't work with my car. But I'd rather have reliable mobile data service on M4 with crappy bluetooth support than unusable mobile data service on M6 with great bluetooth support.

Edit: this is a toroplus phone on Sprint, btw.
This seemed to work for me. Thanks for the help!
Tags
cdma, connection, data, drop, lte