Cyngn, OnePlus, Micromax – The Legal Battle

Recently, a battle has been waging in India over the rights to distribute the commercial … more

Lean Mean Battery Power Saving App Review

We talk a lot about battery topics here at XDA TV. We talk about everything from Power Banks to USB … more

Android 5.1 Possibly Coming February 2015

Google released Android 5.0 just over a month ago, and since then Lollipop has been trying to … more

Double Tap to Wake on the Nexus 6 Without Root

A few weeks ago, we featured an app which allowed the Nexus 6 to regain the double tap to wake … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Nexus Won't Charge - Already Replaced Flex

OP opiuman

13th September 2013, 07:29 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

9 posts
A few days the phone stopped being able to charge while on/off from both wall/USB. Suspected it was due to the flex. Ordered one off of Ebay and when it came it looked identical to the one in the phone. Phone is about 14 months old so no more warranty (got it at IO 2012)

I did the standard instructions of removing the 6 screws with the battery and SIM card. Prying off the back cover, removing the screw for the bottom module along with the ribbon.

Disconnect the antenna, screen ribbon cable and the ribbon cable to the flex from mainboard. Replaced the flex underneath the vibration module and closed it all back up making sure to connect the 2 ribbon cables, the antenna and the cable from the bottom module to the flex but it still won't charge.

I can get it to be recognized in computer as a MTP/PTP device but it still won't charge from computer or wall while on or off. Is there anything else I can do or is this gone forever. Tried a factory reset as well but still won't charge, it was originally just running stock 4.3. Thanks.

EDIT: Battery under Settings says charging at the bottom but not at the top...

http://i.imgur.com/39XYzep.png
Last edited by opiuman; 13th September 2013 at 07:50 AM.
13th September 2013, 09:02 AM   |  #2  
Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 328

2,694 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by opiuman

A few days the phone stopped being able to charge while on/off from both wall/USB. Suspected it was due to the flex. Ordered one off of Ebay and when it came it looked identical to the one in the phone. Phone is about 14 months old so no more warranty (got it at IO 2012)

I did the standard instructions of removing the 6 screws with the battery and SIM card. Prying off the back cover, removing the screw for the bottom module along with the ribbon.

Disconnect the antenna, screen ribbon cable and the ribbon cable to the flex from mainboard. Replaced the flex underneath the vibration module and closed it all back up making sure to connect the 2 ribbon cables, the antenna and the cable from the bottom module to the flex but it still won't charge.

I can get it to be recognized in computer as a MTP/PTP device but it still won't charge from computer or wall while on or off. Is there anything else I can do or is this gone forever. Tried a factory reset as well but still won't charge, it was originally just running stock 4.3. Thanks.

EDIT: Battery under Settings says charging at the bottom but not at the top...

http://i.imgur.com/39XYzep.png

Get yourself a wall charger and 2 batteries. Rotate them.

For files you can use bluetooth, NFC, drop box, drive, copy , flicker, box, etc...

Edit: never mind. It connects just doesn't charge.
13th September 2013, 09:32 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

9 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by leyvatron

Get yourself a wall charger and 2 batteries. Rotate them.

For files you can use bluetooth, NFC, drop box, drive, copy , flicker, box, etc...

Edit: never mind. It connects just doesn't charge.

Yea to clarify before I changed the flex, the phone couldnt connect be recognized by computer on USB. Now I have at least that but nothing else.
13th September 2013, 10:49 PM   |  #4  

9 posts
I have the same problem but my nexus is already in warranty, so I try to resolve this problem with samsung!
6th February 2014, 08:53 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 33

280 posts
More
Thumbs down my problema is backwards
After replaced the USB flat i can charge the phone, but the computer not recognizing
18th February 2014, 04:04 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 4

28 posts
I have the exact same problem. Replaced flex cable, still no charge. My pc recognized it with the old and new charge port as well. I had to re-activate my OG Droid until either the new HTC and G5 phones come out...sigh
19th February 2014, 06:17 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 8

71 posts
long shot, but clean-up gold phone contact points for better conductivity?
20th February 2014, 01:58 PM   |  #8  
Flag Brisbane

5 posts
More
Same Here
I think it happened after flashing 4.4.2 roms, i tried to flash different roms different cables, wall,pc,ps..nothing worked if it is on.When i turn off the gnex it is charging..Anyone?
20th February 2014, 05:21 PM   |  #9  
Flag Brisbane

5 posts
More
I think i have solved mine
Well it was getting really weird like discharging while it is connected(turned off). So i thought it is not related to rom. So i wiped dalvik cache and now it looks ok
26th March 2014, 03:50 PM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 7

148 posts
More
Any news on this topic? I've got the same problem, swapped the USB flex cable and it still isn't charging. I can connect via ADB though and in the battery details menu it says "charging" at the bottom, although it obviously isn't.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread