Does the new google 4.4 camera works on 4.4 based roms ?

OP georgi1b1

27th April 2014, 02:57 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Does the new google 4.4 camera works on 4.4 based roms ?. Hi before several days google pushed new camera app in the play store with its blurry photo filter.
27th April 2014, 03:15 PM   |  #2  
Flag under philadelphia above Delaware, beer heaven
Thanks Meter: 1,529

4,399 posts
Donate to Me
More
I had installed and used it on my galaxy nexus running 4.4 based ROM (commotio B65...ROM based on vanir sources, toro variant)
It did work. But I have to say I was not impressed with it. Could be due to that it is not intended for use on Galaxy Nexus(and the fact that Gnex camera isn't all that special/good to begin with). But it DID function. And I DID try out the "blurry" function. I just wasn't impressed with it.
Especially it's UI.(seriously? That HUGE area for a shutter button? Looks so tacky and not clean at ALL in my opinion. It just looks to me as if a 10 year old designed it in grade school art class. Ugly)

Do not let my experience deter you though. You may enjoy it more than I did. To each their own! Do not be scared to try it out.
(Also, it shows up in the Play Store for me as an update, I think due to me not using the aosp camera but the Google Camera with photosphere function that came with gapps I used)
27th April 2014, 03:40 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 153

413 posts
Yes, it works perfectly well on 4.4 ROM's. It is pretty good as compared to AOSP camera. And as for the big button, according to what I read, it is used to show the ratio of the photo being actually taken.
27th April 2014, 09:21 PM   |  #4  
Flag Warsaw, Poland
Thanks Meter: 0

9 posts
More
Working really well on CM11 Snapshot 5.

I quite like it and I belive it is quicker than the stock/CM one!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread