Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,772,052 Members 39,865 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Google Now with a Google Apps account?

Tip us?

Dirky
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default [Q] Google Now with a Google Apps account?

I usually set my android phones up with my Google Apps account. Most things work fine and I've been using Latitude with this account for maybe 2 years or so.

When I ran Google Now for the first time by swiping up from the bottom of my device it asked me to choose an account to use, my Google Apps account was greyed
out and it would not let me select it, so I chose my non Apps account.

I then got the sample cards and the welcome 'wizard' to Now.

I then noticed the menu for Google Now and saw I could switch my account to my Google
Apps account, however when I did this the cards vanished and I was only left with the search box.

I'm wondering if this is something to do with Google Apps or something to do with my Apps account being set to a UK locale?

Anybody else tried with Apps account?
Samsung Galaxy SII
Previous devices include, SPV, Palm Treo, Blackberry, 8700, Curve, iPhone (2 weeks!) HTC Dream, HTC Desire, Samsung Galaxy SII, Galaxy Nexus.
http://www.ubertechs.co.uk/
http://www.g6phf.co.uk

chaoticmaster
Old
Thanks Meter 0
It is working fine with my Google apps account.

bradwi
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I have the same problem with my Apps account. Search box only, no cards.

If I add a gmail account to my phone and select it, then it works, but not with my main Apps account. Disappointing.

jschoenfeld
Old
(Last edited by jschoenfeld; 2nd July 2012 at 12:31 PM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Default I have the same problem

I have the same problem. No cards with my main google apps account, but with my second google apps account it works well...

dhillormac
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Any luck with this? I was very excited to try this out. All my Google Apps accounts are greyed out ... can I only choose one [I think it has Google Account associated with it]. Very said.

keitht
Old
(Last edited by keitht; 3rd July 2012 at 03:54 PM.)
Thanks Meter 210
I am getting my new Galaxy Nexus today but will probably wait for the official Jellybean update. I will be extremely disappointed if I cannot use my Google Apps account with Google Now. Google did this when they rolled out Google+. Google Apps accounts did not work for several months! Was very frustrating. Google needs to make sure their paying customers have first access to new features not last.

scorneil
Old
Thanks Meter 22
Works fine with my Google Apps account. Maybe it's a bug related to multiple accounts?

My Apps account is my only Google account on the phone.

girishverma
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Interesting..I never stopped to think that.. I also use Google Apps account and I never got an option to setup cards or anything in regards to cards.. I get no cards what so ever. I wonder what it might be. I am guessing its a hit and miss since its working for some and not for others like myself...

TaFFeR
Old
Thanks Meter 15
I also just noticed this too today. I thought it was just some weird quirk with me, so I did multiple wipes until I finally tried my rarely-used gmail account instead of my apps account.

I'm wondering what the difference is between some apps account than others? Perhaps there's a setting in the dashboard that needs to be enabled? I'm a bit disappointed that apps accounts seem to have low priority when it comes to new features

girishverma
Old
Thanks Meter 9
I can now tell you that for testing purposes I tried to add my usual gmail account and when i went to Google Now it presented me choosing an account to setup with Google now. Seems like some peoples accounts are working fine with Google Apps, some aren't.