Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,780,683 Members 51,285 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] I can't find Google Voice Search on my Nexus???

Tip us?

prestonbrownie
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] I can't find Google Voice Search on my Nexus???

Sorry if this is a really dumb question, but I cannot seem to find Google Voice Search on my Nexus!!! It's not in the app drawer, there's no widget for it. But I go to Settings>Apps, and it's still under the "All" section, and I'm able to enable/disable it just fine. So I tried to go to the Market to see if I could download it there, and there is no "install" button (I'm assuming because it's a built in app)...help? I'm not running any custom ROM's...just stock, unlocked, rooted. I am using Nova Launcher, so that may be the problem? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

nxt
Old
Thanks Meter 329
Quote:
Originally Posted by prestonbrownie View Post
Sorry if this is a really dumb question, but I cannot seem to find Google Voice Search on my Nexus!!! It's not in the app drawer, there's no widget for it. But I go to Settings>Apps, and it's still under the "All" section, and I'm able to enable/disable it just fine. So I tried to go to the Market to see if I could download it there, and there is no "install" button (I'm assuming because it's a built in app)...help? I'm not running any custom ROM's...just stock, unlocked, rooted. I am using Nova Launcher, so that may be the problem? Any help would be greatly appreciated!
See the search bar on to? Tap the microphone on the right side. That's Google Voice Search.

prestonbrownie
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by nxt View Post
See the search bar on to? Tap the microphone on the right side. That's Google Voice Search.
Ohhh thank you. I disabled the search bar in Nova Launcher...I didn't realize that was the only way to do the Voice Commands...