[Q] I can't find Google Voice Search on my Nexus???

OP prestonbrownie

31st December 2011, 08:25 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
Sorry if this is a really dumb question, but I cannot seem to find Google Voice Search on my Nexus!!! It's not in the app drawer, there's no widget for it. But I go to Settings>Apps, and it's still under the "All" section, and I'm able to enable/disable it just fine. So I tried to go to the Market to see if I could download it there, and there is no "install" button (I'm assuming because it's a built in app)...help? I'm not running any custom ROM's...just stock, unlocked, rooted. I am using Nova Launcher, so that may be the problem? Any help would be greatly appreciated!
31st December 2011, 09:44 PM   |  #2  
Flag Southern California
Thanks Meter: 330

1,867 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by prestonbrownie

Sorry if this is a really dumb question, but I cannot seem to find Google Voice Search on my Nexus!!! It's not in the app drawer, there's no widget for it. But I go to Settings>Apps, and it's still under the "All" section, and I'm able to enable/disable it just fine. So I tried to go to the Market to see if I could download it there, and there is no "install" button (I'm assuming because it's a built in app)...help? I'm not running any custom ROM's...just stock, unlocked, rooted. I am using Nova Launcher, so that may be the problem? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

See the search bar on to? Tap the microphone on the right side. That's Google Voice Search.
31st December 2011, 10:15 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nxt

See the search bar on to? Tap the microphone on the right side. That's Google Voice Search.

Ohhh thank you. I disabled the search bar in Nova Launcher...I didn't realize that was the only way to do the Voice Commands...
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread