FORUMS
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[Q&A] [MOD] 4.3 BLE libraries+xml for every ROM (stock or custom)

QA Bot
19th November 2014, 10:30 AM |#1  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Q&A for [MOD] 4.3 BLE libraries+xml for every ROM (stock or custom)

Some developers prefer that questions remain separate from their main development thread to help keep things organized. Placing your question within this thread will increase its chances of being answered by a member of the community or by the developer.

Before posting, please use the forum search and read through the discussion thread for [MOD] 4.3 BLE libraries+xml for every ROM (stock or custom). If you can't find an answer, post it here, being sure to give as much information as possible (firmware version, steps to reproduce, logcat if available) so that you can get help.

Thanks for understanding and for helping to keep XDA neat and tidy!

19th November 2014, 10:30 AM |#2  

More
Hello,

I used your BLE patch for my nexus 10 with the 4.4.4 android version and it works perfectly : thank you !
Do you know if the lollipop update supports the BLE or if a patch will be also necessary ?
I don't want to update my tablet if i lost the BLE support...

Thank you in advance.
Last edited by jorghy; 19th November 2014 at 10:34 AM.
22nd November 2014, 10:00 PM |#3  

More
Hi
New to community. Great resource for my Nexus 7 (2012) and Nexus 10.
Interested in bringing BLE support on Lollipop for my N10 (rooted with NRT. Thanks Wugfresh!).
27th December 2014, 10:38 PM |#4  

More
Hey, sorry if this is a noob question but in order to flash the ble zip files on my galaxy nexus, does it need to be rooted?
4th January 2015, 02:18 PM |#5  

More
Gear fit problem with GN BLE
Hi,

I am trying to hook a Sumsung GearFit band to my Galaxy Nexus, so far without success:
The BLE driver seems to work - been able to connect to my car as before and the GearFit is visible to it.

However, the 'Gear Fit Manager' app, that must be installed to connect to the band, crashes while pairing the device
That is, the app recognizes the band, tries to pair (I've been asked to accept the request on both the band and the nexus), then crashes.
At that point, the Nexus marks the GearFit as "paired" but the GearFit Manager (after relaunch) does not recognize it any more.

I have no way to know if the culprit is the "GearFit manager" or the BTE drivers as the failure occurs at the end of the pairing process...

Has anyone seen such problems?

Thanks,
Eli

Galaxy Nexus: 4.3 yakju JWR66Y
BLE4tuna_AOSP_JWR66Y.zip applied
Build.Product faked to GT-I9505 (to please the GearFit Manager)
GearFit Manager - v1.88.090122

Gear Fit: Firmware R350XXU0BNE5
17th January 2015, 08:34 PM |#6  

More
BLE support for Nexus 10 running Android 5.0.1 (LRX22C)
Hi,
there is a very usefull thread "[MOD] 4.3 BLE libraries+xml for every ROM (stock or custom)" where a zip is provided to bring BLE to the Nexus 10 (and Nexus 7).
It works for some users, but unfortunately it works not at my place. What I'm doing wrong?

After loading the BLE4manta_AOSP_LRX22C_patch.zip it is not possible to switch on Bluetooth on my tablet. So even classic Bluetooth is not possilbe. But after loading the anti-zip provided also there, Bluetooth works again (but of course only in standard mode).

I plan to check BLE support with BlueScan. This app works and finds my Robomow on a Samsung Galaxy Note 12.
Any other experiance or hints using the zip's? Thanks a lot.
21st January 2015, 01:29 AM |#7  

More
Bluetooth 4.0 LE support for Nexus 10 (manta) running Android 5.0.2 (LRX22G) needed?
Above patched for nexus 7 grouper please make for nexus 10 (manta) I'm very appreciate for your help, thanks
31st January 2015, 06:01 PM |#8  

More
Bluetooth 4.0 LE support for Nexus 10 (manta) running Android 5.0.2 (LRX22G)
I installed ROM Manager and flashed the ZIP to add BLE, it was reported successfully installed but after the reboot and checking BLE is still unsupported. When I FTP and check the properties of one of the files that should be changed its last modified date is 31st Jan at 10.14 which is when I installed 5.02.
Last edited by kommando828; 31st January 2015 at 06:33 PM.
2nd February 2015, 04:56 PM |#9  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kommando828

I installed ROM Manager and flashed the ZIP to add BLE, it was reported successfully installed but after the reboot and checking BLE is still unsupported. When I FTP and check the properties of one of the files that should be changed its last modified date is 31st Jan at 10.14 which is when I installed 5.02.

Got it working, installed the latest Purity ROM and that supported BLE but a lot of google apps would not, so installed stock 5.02 ROM and flashed the zip using flashify and this time it worked. Odd how it would not work on a old stock ROM but would on a newly installed stock ROM.

Spoke too soon, the app to check if BLE is supported says it is but now Bluetooth cannot be enabled. But flashing the stock zip took the bluetooth back to working but not BLE capable of course.
Last edited by kommando828; 2nd February 2015 at 05:37 PM.
9th February 2015, 06:53 AM |#10  

More
How progress is going?
Hi, wbedard! How progress's going? I have Nexus 7 2012 on 5.0.2 and can give some help.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
auto-qa
Previous Thread Next Thread