FORUMS

[Q] Multimedia desktop dock sound problems

411 posts
Thanks Meter: 5

By Lyian, Senior Member on 22nd April 2013, 11:02 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Greetings.

I just received the Samsung Universal Multimedia Desktop dock for my Galaxy Nexus. While it does charge the phone, and the phone knows its been put into a dock, it refuses to switch the audio output though the dock connected speakers.

Ive even tryed downloading a program to automatically switch it, but it doesn't work either.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to get the dock audio output to work?

[edit] Also, when i goto the sound settings, the Audio under Dock remainds disabled, even when docked, but the insert sound option works.

Thanks

Digging into it, i found another poster with the same issue on the google. His discription is more detailed than mine, and has the same problem. Reading though his, it seems to be an issue with the phone or OS and not the dock.

Quote:

I have a Samsung Galaxy Nexus (Verizon, i515) running stock 4.2.2. I also have a Samsung Galaxy Multimedia Dock (http://www.samsung.com/us/mobile/cel...EDD-D200BEGSTA)

When I insert the Nexus into the dock, I want to use the Audio line out to run an external speaker. But that option doesn't seem to exist on the phone OS.

In earlier versions of Android (2.3 for instance), the documentation says when you insert the device into a dock, you have the option of enabling the audio on the line out port. (http://support.google.com/android/bi...&answer=168598)

I have daydream enabled and daydream starts, so the device is aware it is docked. While docked, I go to settings - sound and look at the Dock settings (there are only two). Audio (grayed out) and Dock Insert Sound.

When I start some music, the sound plays from the Nexus internal speakers.

Is there a way to enable the audio to play out the line out port of this dock? The audio must be redirected to the audio line out through the Nexus USB charging connector.

Last edited by Lyian; 27th April 2013 at 06:28 PM. Reason: More information

27th April 2013, 05:58 PM |#2  
OP Senior Member

More
Ok, if nobody knows a solution to this, does anyone know where i can obtain the Desktop Dock with Pogo Pins?

I really need a dock with audio out, and im pretty disappointed that the one i got doesn't work. I'd be nice to know if ti was because it was incompatible, or because the dock was bad.
7th May 2013, 04:09 PM |#3  
Flag Saint Paul, MN

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyian

Ok, if nobody knows a solution to this, does anyone know where i can obtain the Desktop Dock with Pogo Pins?

I really need a dock with audio out, and im pretty disappointed that the one i got doesn't work. I'd be nice to know if ti was because it was incompatible, or because the dock was bad.

Did you ever figure this out? I just bought 2 official Samsung docks that were advertised as working with the Nexus, and the phone doesn't switch to audio out for either. I have the same issue where it detects it is docked but doesn't enable the dock audio settings.

(I also, along with everyone apparently, really wish there were landscape pogo pin docks out there. But for the past 6 months I've looked I've never seen one, and they were _super_ expensive.)
8th May 2013, 11:21 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisAshton84

Did you ever figure this out? I just bought 2 official Samsung docks that were advertised as working with the Nexus, and the phone doesn't switch to audio out for either. I have the same issue where it detects it is docked but doesn't enable the dock audio settings.

(I also, along with everyone apparently, really wish there were landscape pogo pin docks out there. But for the past 6 months I've looked I've never seen one, and they were _super_ expensive.)

Nope. I've been checking in on this thread every now and then hoping someone knows. It still doesnt work. Currently ive been plugging in the power and speakers separately, which works, but is annoying.
21st May 2013, 01:39 AM |#5  
OP Senior Member

More
Unhappy
Still looking for answers on this. Anyone have any ideas on how to get this phone to work with the dock audio?

Thanks
27th June 2013, 07:23 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I got 99 problems but my dock aint one (jk its a problem too)
I have the pogo pin dock for the galaxy nexus (I would post a link but I can't because I'm still a noob), and as of today my sound stopped channeling through the dock which is really annoying. I've had problems in the past with redirecting sounds through my headphones/speakers. Sometimes I'll be playing a song through the speakers and the phone will switch the audio output to the headphone jack (even though I didn't plug headphones in). Luckily a free app let me take care of that quite well, it's called SoundAbout. As of today I have tried the Pro version of SoundAbout and reinstalling the ROM, both to no avail. For some reason, my phone is not even recognized in the dock when it is turned on but the phone charges in the dock when it is powered off. Also, my computer has stopped recognizing the phone and shows it as an unknown USB device. When I installed the drivers for it, it said that the device has stopped responding and to replace the device.
10th July 2013, 01:31 AM |#7  
OP Senior Member

More
Still cant get this to work. Don't know wtf is wrong. Feel like i wasted money on this docking station. :|
27th August 2013, 09:12 AM |#8  

More
Hi, not sure if this will help but from my Galaxy S4, Settings, My Device, Accessory, there is an option "Audio output mode". Checking this option should allow you to use external speakers when in docked mode.
25th September 2013, 03:40 AM |#9  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverpal

Hi, not sure if this will help but from my Galaxy S4, Settings, My Device, Accessory, there is an option "Audio output mode". Checking this option should allow you to use external speakers when in docked mode.

Sorry, Galaxy Nexus (aka stock android) has no such option that i could find. The only option related to the audio and the dock is under (for stock) Settings - > Sound -> Dock -> Audio, which for me remains greyed out, even when docked.
25th April 2014, 02:21 PM |#10  

More
Anyone find a solution to this? Just picked up the dock for work and would like to take advantage of the sound out option.
23rd April 2015, 11:04 AM |#11  

More
I have the same problem with Galaxy S i9000 with CM11 and Samsung Desktop Dock - no audio output via dock. Any solutions?

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
galaxy nexus, multimedia dock, sound

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)