5,598,718 Members 36,857 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[GUIDE] Galaxy Nexus Firmware Guide: Variations, Who Updates What, etc.

Tip us?

efrant
Old
Senior Moderator
Thanks Meter 7767

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by timoni View Post
Hello Efrant,
I have galaxy nexus with phone about as attach file, could you tell me about my phone model: yakju or yakjuxx. Thank you very much.
Not your phone model, but the Android OS build version you are on is either yakju or takju. Can't tell exactly which one of those two base on just that screen.
I do NOT answer technical questions via PM. Post in a thread.

Google Nexus 5

XDA Forum Rules & Moderator List

WHAT MATTERS IS UNDERSTANDING THE JOURNEY...

timoni
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by efrant View Post
Not your phone model, but the Android OS build version you are on is either yakju or takju. Can't tell exactly which one of those two base on just that screen.
I open build.prop and see ro.product.name=yakju, but i do not know my device model is yakju or not. Because i am not sure when flash yakju fw on yakjuxx model will change device to yakju model or not. Could you pls help me.
O2i
Rom date:01/27/05
Rom:1.11.00 WWE
Radio:1.04.00
Protocol version:1337.42
ExRom:1.11.171 WWE
---------------------
T-Mobile MDA
Rom version:eek:fficial WM6.
IPL/SPL:2.26
Radio:2.25.11

efrant
Old
Senior Moderator
Thanks Meter 7767

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by timoni View Post
I open build.prop and see ro.product.name=yakju, but i do not know my device model is yakju or not. Because i am not sure when flash yakju fw on yakjuxx model will change device to yakju model or not. Could you pls help me.
There is no yakju model or takju model or yakjuxx model or any other model. The models are as follows, and this can be seen on the label under the battery:
GT-i9250
GT-i9250M
GT-i9250T
SC-04D
M420

From what we have seen, the models ARE ALL IDENTICAL hardware wise.

When you flash yakju, you have a yakju build. When you flash yakjuxx, you have a yakjuxx build. Nothing more. It is strictly software.

Google Nexus 5

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to efrant For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

alessandro1980
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Guys excuse me for my new-be question: if I buy a 4g (LTE) verizon phone, will it work in Italy where we have only 3g or gsm?
Thanks a lot

efrant
Old
Senior Moderator
Thanks Meter 7767

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by alessandro1980 View Post
Guys excuse me for my new-be question: if I buy a 4g (LTE) verizon phone, will it work in Italy where we have only 3g or gsm?
Thanks a lot
No.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Google Nexus 5

The Following User Says Thank You to efrant For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

gothickah0
Old
Thanks Meter 5
please help. i live in malaysia (South east asia, asia pasific region). i have BASEBAND : I9250XXLA2 , BUILD NUMBER: IMM76K.19250XWLD2.Android version: 4.0.4. And today google release JB OTA. but i cant seems to update my phone. i have try to clear and force close google framework service but doesnt seems to work. any idea how can i update my phone without dealing with adb or rott? sorry for this noob question.
Nexus 7 3g :: stock 4.2.2 ::
Gnex GSM :: Takju Stock 4.2.2

ashiquemahmood
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Can't get OTA updates

When I found out that my Galaxy Nexus was running a yakjuxw build, I flashed the stock image of the 4.0.4 yakju build and everything was just fine. I had to unlock my bootloader to do this. But after a few days, I get a notification prompting me to update to ICS 4.0.4 on my phone, while it was running 4.0.4. It then downloads this 708kb update and then tries to install in but fails. This update keeps on coming up and i can't do anything about it. Now that the Jellybean OTA started rolling, I still get this same update whenever I check for update from my phone. Could someone please tell me what to do?

oldblue910
Old
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 2009

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by gothickah0 View Post
please help. i live in malaysia (South east asia, asia pasific region). i have BASEBAND : I9250XXLA2 , BUILD NUMBER: IMM76K.19250XWLD2.Android version: 4.0.4. And today google release JB OTA. but i cant seems to update my phone. i have try to clear and force close google framework service but doesnt seems to work. any idea how can i update my phone without dealing with adb or rott? sorry for this noob question.
Your firmware is not included in the OTA from Google. You have yakjuxw, which gets updates from Samsung. So if you keep your phone as it is, you will only get the JB OTA once Samsung releases a version for your phone. Could be anywhere from a few weeks to a few months.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
XDA's Resident Archivist-in-Chief
Every OTA update for every Nexus and Google Experience device since the Motorola Droid at http://www.randomphantasmagoria.com/firmware.

Model:
Carrier:
ROM:
Radio:
Bootloader:

Samsung Galaxy S5
SM-G900T
T-Mobile
kltetmo 4.4.2/KOT49H
G900TUVU1ANCH
G900TUVU1ANCH

Google Nexus 7
ME571KL
Verizon
razorg 4.4.2 / KVT49L
H00_2.42.0_1204

Google Nexus 10
GT-P8110
N/A
mantaray 4.4.2 / KOT49H
N/A
MANTAMF01

Other toys:

Sony Z Ultra GPE
Motorola Moto G GPE
The Following User Says Thank You to oldblue910 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

lsguntu
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Hi all,

I download "Factory Images "yakju" for Galaxy Nexus "maguro" (GSM/HSPA+)" from the below. Could you guys help me how to flash the device with this file?

https://developers.google.com/android/nexus/images
The Following User Says Thank You to lsguntu For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

efrant
Old
Senior Moderator
Thanks Meter 7767

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by lsguntu View Post
Hi all,

I download "Factory Images "yakju" for Galaxy Nexus "maguro" (GSM/HSPA+)" from the below. Could you guys help me how to flash the device with this file?

https://developers.google.com/android/nexus/images
Look at post #13...

Google Nexus 5

The Following User Says Thank You to efrant For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]