Post Reply

[GUIDE] Galaxy Nexus Firmware Guide: Variations, Who Updates What, etc.

6th July 2012, 03:24 PM   |  #21  
efrant's Avatar
Senior Moderator
Flag Montreal Bow2DaCow
Thanks Meter: 8,086
 
9,535 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2009
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by timoni

Hello Efrant,
I have galaxy nexus with phone about as attach file, could you tell me about my phone model: yakju or yakjuxx. Thank you very much.

Not your phone model, but the Android OS build version you are on is either yakju or takju. Can't tell exactly which one of those two base on just that screen.
6th July 2012, 04:45 PM   |  #22  
Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
52 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by efrant

Not your phone model, but the Android OS build version you are on is either yakju or takju. Can't tell exactly which one of those two base on just that screen.

I open build.prop and see ro.product.name=yakju, but i do not know my device model is yakju or not. Because i am not sure when flash yakju fw on yakjuxx model will change device to yakju model or not. Could you pls help me.
6th July 2012, 04:50 PM   |  #23  
efrant's Avatar
Senior Moderator
Flag Montreal Bow2DaCow
Thanks Meter: 8,086
 
9,535 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2009
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by timoni

I open build.prop and see ro.product.name=yakju, but i do not know my device model is yakju or not. Because i am not sure when flash yakju fw on yakjuxx model will change device to yakju model or not. Could you pls help me.

There is no yakju model or takju model or yakjuxx model or any other model. The models are as follows, and this can be seen on the label under the battery:
GT-i9250
GT-i9250M
GT-i9250T
SC-04D
M420

From what we have seen, the models ARE ALL IDENTICAL hardware wise.

When you flash yakju, you have a yakju build. When you flash yakjuxx, you have a yakjuxx build. Nothing more. It is strictly software.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to efrant For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th July 2012, 12:43 AM   |  #24  
Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
37 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2011
Guys excuse me for my new-be question: if I buy a 4g (LTE) verizon phone, will it work in Italy where we have only 3g or gsm?
Thanks a lot
10th July 2012, 12:45 AM   |  #25  
efrant's Avatar
Senior Moderator
Flag Montreal Bow2DaCow
Thanks Meter: 8,086
 
9,535 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2009
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by alessandro1980

Guys excuse me for my new-be question: if I buy a 4g (LTE) verizon phone, will it work in Italy where we have only 3g or gsm?
Thanks a lot

No.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to efrant For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th July 2012, 07:45 AM   |  #26  
gothickah0's Avatar
Member
Flag Kuala Lumpur
Thanks Meter: 5
 
96 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2011
More
please help. i live in malaysia (South east asia, asia pasific region). i have BASEBAND : I9250XXLA2 , BUILD NUMBER: IMM76K.19250XWLD2.Android version: 4.0.4. And today google release JB OTA. but i cant seems to update my phone. i have try to clear and force close google framework service but doesnt seems to work. any idea how can i update my phone without dealing with adb or rott? sorry for this noob question.
12th July 2012, 08:50 AM   |  #27  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
1 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2012
More
Can't get OTA updates
When I found out that my Galaxy Nexus was running a yakjuxw build, I flashed the stock image of the 4.0.4 yakju build and everything was just fine. I had to unlock my bootloader to do this. But after a few days, I get a notification prompting me to update to ICS 4.0.4 on my phone, while it was running 4.0.4. It then downloads this 708kb update and then tries to install in but fails. This update keeps on coming up and i can't do anything about it. Now that the Jellybean OTA started rolling, I still get this same update whenever I check for update from my phone. Could someone please tell me what to do?
12th July 2012, 01:31 PM   |  #28  
oldblue910's Avatar
OP Recognized Contributor / Archivist-in-Chief
Flag Durham, NC
Thanks Meter: 2,219
 
3,202 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gothickah0

please help. i live in malaysia (South east asia, asia pasific region). i have BASEBAND : I9250XXLA2 , BUILD NUMBER: IMM76K.19250XWLD2.Android version: 4.0.4. And today google release JB OTA. but i cant seems to update my phone. i have try to clear and force close google framework service but doesnt seems to work. any idea how can i update my phone without dealing with adb or rott? sorry for this noob question.

Your firmware is not included in the OTA from Google. You have yakjuxw, which gets updates from Samsung. So if you keep your phone as it is, you will only get the JB OTA once Samsung releases a version for your phone. Could be anywhere from a few weeks to a few months.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to oldblue910 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th July 2012, 08:14 PM   |  #29  
lsguntu's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Hyderabad
Thanks Meter: 7
 
176 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2009
More
Hi all,

I download "Factory Images "yakju" for Galaxy Nexus "maguro" (GSM/HSPA+)" from the below. Could you guys help me how to flash the device with this file?

https://developers.google.com/android/nexus/images
The Following User Says Thank You to lsguntu For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th July 2012, 08:16 PM   |  #30  
efrant's Avatar
Senior Moderator
Flag Montreal Bow2DaCow
Thanks Meter: 8,086
 
9,535 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2009
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lsguntu

Hi all,

I download "Factory Images "yakju" for Galaxy Nexus "maguro" (GSM/HSPA+)" from the below. Could you guys help me how to flash the device with this file?

https://developers.google.com/android/nexus/images

Look at post #13...

The Following User Says Thank You to efrant For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes