Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,958 Members 52,056 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

handset speaker for nav when on car BT

Tip us?

tgeery
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Default handset speaker for nav when on car BT

is there a way to listen to navigation audio through the handset speaker when you're connected to the car BT?

or, am I forced to switch the car audio system over to the phone (killing my sat radio connection) to hear the nav audio from the phone?

tgeery
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
anyone?

Merio90
Old
Thanks Meter 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgeery View Post
anyone?
No. Most nav systems should automatically interrupt any audio that is being streamed through the car speakers. It may not necessarily pause your sat radio but you may here any nav voice directions over your radio broadcast. As far as your phone is concerned...well their is no way possible to play the navs audio through the handset speaker. Not sure why any nav system would allow you to do such a thing as it is unnecessary.

tgeery
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merio90 View Post
No. Most nav systems should automatically interrupt any audio that is being streamed through the car speakers. It may not necessarily pause your sat radio but you may here any nav voice directions over your radio broadcast. As far as your phone is concerned...well their is no way possible to play the navs audio through the handset speaker. Not sure why any nav system would allow you to do such a thing as it is unnecessary.
just to be clear, I was talking about the Google Maps Nav on the phone itself - hearing the audio from that. Not trying to hear audio from a car nav system on the phone.

When the phone is connected via BT to the car for phone calls and such, I just wanted to be able to hear the Google Maps Nav audio out of the phone handset speaker while the phone was still connected to the car via BT.

Merio90
Old
Thanks Meter 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgeery View Post
just to be clear, I was talking about the Google Maps Nav on the phone itself - hearing the audio from that. Not trying to hear audio from a car nav system on the phone.

When the phone is connected via BT to the car for phone calls and such, I just wanted to be able to hear the Google Maps Nav audio out of the phone handset speaker while the phone was still connected to the car via BT.
Oh my bad...I thought it was your car's sat nav you were talking about. I am still a little confused as to what your issue is but from my understanding your sat radio (from your car I would assume) is being killed whenever Google Maps Nav directions are given? If that's the case well there is no way to play audio both from your phone speaker and car speakers simultaneously via bluetooth. Once connected via bluetooth ALL audio including text notifications, ringtones etc. will be played through the car speakers. It's kind of like plugging in a pair of headphones to your phone, audio will only be played through the headphones and not the handset speaker.