Google Play Newsstand 3.3 Brings Material Design Makeover

In a clear break from the previous practice of delivering nearly weekly Google … more

App Review: Calculating Your Android Calculator Options

Sure, everyone has a default Calculator and its something that you dont think about … more

MultiROM Once Again Available for the Galaxy S4

Multiboot, or the ability to select betweenmultiple operating systems on a single device at … more

Build an Impractical But Awesome Lego Mindstorm Dock

The vast majority of what we cover here on the XDA-Developers News Portal relates to … more
Post Reply

[Q] No haptic feedback ("vibrate on touch") in Galaxy Nexus

8th May 2012, 04:30 PM   |  #11  
TaliKa's Avatar
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
19 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sveke

Some kernels have haptic adjustment, see pic for kernel does.

I'm running Franco 152 and mines fine.

I know trinity kernels lower it


How can I adjust the haptic feedback feature in Trinity kernel?
10th May 2012, 11:35 AM   |  #12  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
22 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2011
+1
just wanted to say...exactly the same thing happened to me (started with aokp milestone 5 and vibration gone afterwards...)

im trying several things to get it back...i use it alot (at work and most of the time..its on vibrate)

hopefully we'll find a solution
10th May 2012, 09:41 PM   |  #13  
Dacian's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 7
 
164 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2007
More
Yeah this just happened to me too. It was working fine for awhile on AOKP and then all of a sudden it stopped. No idea what happened exactly. I tried whiping everything and restoring CM9 but that didn't work either. I thought maybe hardware but the phone vibrated on boot so it isn't that. Hopefully we find a fix...
11th May 2012, 12:56 AM   |  #14  
TaliKa's Avatar
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
19 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by takomar

+1
just wanted to say...exactly the same thing happened to me (started with aokp milestone 5 and vibration gone afterwards...)

im trying several things to get it back...i use it alot (at work and most of the time..its on vibrate)

hopefully we'll find a solution


Quote:
Originally Posted by Dacian

Yeah this just happened to me too. It was working fine for awhile on AOKP and then all of a sudden it stopped. No idea what happened exactly. I tried whiping everything and restoring CM9 but that didn't work either. I thought maybe hardware but the phone vibrated on boot so it isn't that. Hopefully we find a fix...



unfortunately I didn't get any solution yet. Realy depressing.

I promise to update about any progress, and hope you'll both do the same...


Just don't give up! it isn't hardware thing, so there must be solution somewhere.
Last edited by TaliKa; 11th May 2012 at 12:58 AM. Reason: Adding quote
11th May 2012, 11:07 AM   |  #15  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
22 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaliKa

unfortunately I didn't get any solution yet. Realy depressing.

I promise to update about any progress, and hope you'll both do the same...


Just don't give up! it isn't hardware thing, so there must be solution somewhere.

im starting to believe its a hardware issue (well at least for me) i mean i dont even get a vibration upon booting or turning off the phone...and i even went back to full stock...same thing

maybe it might have been some software issue that led to the overburning of the motor(doubt that though)
what is weird though is that the same scenario happened to us so im lost...

maybe i should start talking to samsung for my replacement

meanwhile...im very open to suggestions that might help my case

hope we find something soon...u guys, does it vibrate at all?when u turn on ur phone?turn off? unlock ?
11th May 2012, 01:12 PM   |  #16  
TaliKa's Avatar
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
19 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by takomar


hope we find something soon...u guys, does it vibrate at all?when u turn on ur phone?turn off? unlock ?

Yes, it vibrates at boot and also when using application with it's own vibrate settings, like "dialer one" for example.

Did you try using KickBack just to check the hardware?


if it's some hardware issue, maybe you can apply to your warranty supplier about that, just flash stock rom and relock your device before.
11th May 2012, 01:51 PM   |  #17  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
22 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaliKa

Yes, it vibrates at boot and also when using application with it's own vibrate settings, like "dialer one" for example.

Did you try using KickBack just to check the hardware?


if it's some hardware issue, maybe you can apply to your warranty supplier about that, just flash stock rom and relock your device before.

thats what im gonna do i guess...such a sad day...

i couldnt find KickBack, its not available in my accessibility menu nor in my market (i live in France)
i tried googling an apk but nothing for android 4.0
do you have a link for it?
11th May 2012, 03:15 PM   |  #18  
TaliKa's Avatar
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
19 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by takomar

thats what im gonna do i guess...such a sad day...

i couldnt find KickBack, its not available in my accessibility menu nor in my market (i live in France)
i tried googling an apk but nothing for android 4.0
do you have a link for it?

I couldn't find it in play store either, but i download it from here:
http://code.google.com/p/eyes-free/d...ack-v1.1.1.apk

works fine for me.
11th May 2012, 04:46 PM   |  #19  
Dacian's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 7
 
164 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2007
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaliKa

unfortunately I didn't get any solution yet. Realy depressing.

I promise to update about any progress, and hope you'll both do the same...


Just don't give up! it isn't hardware thing, so there must be solution somewhere.

Good to know. I went ahead and flashed the base image and it restored vibration, then I rooted and flashed AOKP again. It worked for about that day and then this morning when I woke up the vibration is gone again. I'm almost positive it's AOKP's software. I'll test another ROM (Android Revolution) for a day and see if it happens again.
12th May 2012, 09:53 PM   |  #20  
TaliKa's Avatar
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
19 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dacian

I'm almost positive it's AOKP's software. I'll test another ROM (Android Revolution) for a day and see if it happens again.


Which kernel do you use? and did you set the quite hours on?

If you succeed to restore the vibrate, i'd like to hear exact instructions how to do that, including links to download the boot image, if you plesae...

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes