Help changing SystemUI.apk for custom battery [JB 4.3]

21 posts
Thanks Meter: 0
By BryMerc, Junior Member on 11th August 2014, 04:21 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Hello. I have very limited knowledge on modding and all of that beyond the stock experience, however I do want to change my battery icon style.

Usually I just flash an already available zip file that has the style I like best, but I haven't seen the one I usually get, for 4.3. If there is one that I missed, please direct me (for "1% Battery - Circle by he_stheone64" from here:

Otherwise, I have a zip of another battery icon style, and I have the "pack" of images for the style I want. I read this: "You can easily use your own favorite battery images by replacing the battery images in systemUI.apk/res/drawable-xhdpi inside of the zip." on another thread, and basically unzipped SystemUI.apk, went to that directory, saw all the images of the battery I don't want, and replaced them with the images of what I do what.

This is where I am stuck. How do I get it back into a .apk? I tried following a tutorial but it's telling me about Linux and all of this stuff I have no knowledge about.

Can anyone guide me, dummy style? Or if it's a piece of cake for you, help a brother out?

For the record I downloaded "battery mod deodex SGN 4.3" from here:

And I have the pack "1% Battery - Circle by he_stheone64" from here:

I am running a de-odexed, rooted stock-based ROM of 4.3.

Last edited by BryMerc; 11th August 2014 at 04:23 PM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Previous Thread Next Thread