5,605,438 Members 43,654 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Serious Help] I need some help to fix my Galaxy Nexus.

Tip us?

atishey23
Old
(Last edited by atishey23; 10th December 2013 at 03:25 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 118
Default [Serious Help] I need some help to fix my Galaxy Nexus.

I got this phone form my brother, but camera is not working, when I asked him how did it happened he said either upgrading from 4.0 to 4.1 or 4.1 to 4.2 camera always have error, it said 'unfortunately gallery has stopped '. After the 4.3 OTA the camera remains faulty. When I got this phone I thought to flash it with factory one of 4.3 using fast boot, I did... But no user, camera still not fixed. So I thought to return to 4.0 or 4.1, so I downloaded both from Google site.

1- I flashed 4.0 (imm76i) image, when the phone booted, it was running 4.2.2 ....Idk how. so I fastbooted again and flashed 4.0.4 again when phone booted version was 4.2.2. (This time noticed that when the phone booted it showed splash screen 'Google', then boot animation 'nexus cross' then immediately phone switches off and boot up again with splash screen.)

2- I flashed 4.1, again same headache... It booted to 4.2.2.....same story....

3- I flashed 4.3...then it booted to 4.3 only. why is this happening.
Plz help me to downgrade the phone.
And yeah one more thing, on slim rom I get all calls normal, and when I flashed PAC or Carbon or crDroid rom...I get no calls. Can't place any calls and can't pick any calls. Always 'com.android.phone stopped'...

sent from a phone running on SLIM ROM
Phone: Lg Google Nexus 5--> D-821
Android Version:Droid kang v17- 4.4.2
Kernel version: ElementalX:
Baseband version:M8974A
Build number:KOT49H

BBM PIN - 76661999
FEEL FREE TO SEND A INVITE

dwoods1983
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Cool Re: I need some help to fix my Galaxy Nexus

Have you been clean or dirty flashing?? It sounds like you need to completely wipe your phone (factory restore) and start over from scratch. I'd download the latest SlimBean 4.3 build 2.2 Official (based on Android 4.3.1) and the associated GAPPS (AIO). Boot into recovery, wipe data, cache, dalvik cache, and then flash SlimBean. You can go to the Slimroms website to download these.

This is what i'm running and having no issues...very stable.

Let me know if this works.

Quote:
Originally Posted by atishey23 View Post
I got this phone form my brother, but camera is not working, when I asked him how did it happened he said either upgrading from 4.0 to 4.1 or 4.1 to 4.2 camera always have error, it said 'unfortunately gallery has stopped '. After the 4.3 OTA the camera remains faulty. When I got this phone I thought to flash it with factory one of 4.3 using fast boot, I did... But no user, camera still not fixed. So I thought to return to 4.0 or 4.1, so I downloaded both from Google site.

1- I flashed 4.0 (imm76i) image, when the phone booted, it was running 4.2.2 ....Idk how. so I fastbooted again and flashed 4.0.4 again when phone booted version was 4.2.2. (This time noticed that when the phone booted it showed splash screen 'Google', then boot animation 'nexus cross' then immediately phone switches off and boot up again with splash screen.)

2- I flashed 4.1, again same headache... It booted to 4.2.2.....same story....

3- I flashed 4.3...then it booted to 4.3 only. why is this happening.
Plz help me to degrade the phone.

Right now I'm running slim rom build 2.2.
And yeah one more thing, on slim rom I get all calls normal, and when I flashed PAC or Carbon or crDroid rom...I get no calls. Can't place any calls and can't pick any calls. Always 'com.android.phone stopped'...

atishey23
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwoods1983 View Post
Have you been clean or dirty flashing?? It sounds like you need to completely wipe your phone (factory restore) and start over from scratch. I'd download the latest SlimBean 4.3 build 2.2 Official (based on Android 4.3.1) and the associated GAPPS (AIO). Boot into recovery, wipe data, cache, dalvik cache, and then flash SlimBean. You can go to the Slimroms website to download these.

This is what i'm running and having no issues...very stable.

Let me know if this works.
Yes I have clean flashed 4.0.4 & 4.1... Formatted sdcard too.Then also I get 4.2.2 when I flash 4.0 & 4.1

And I never said I have problems with slim rom. It works fine for me.This is a different thing not related to stock image issue. That I can make calls in slim rom but can't make any calls in PAC or Carbon or crDroid rom.

Phone: Lg Google Nexus 5--> D-821
Android Version:Droid kang v17- 4.4.2
Kernel version: ElementalX:
Baseband version:M8974A
Build number:KOT49H

BBM PIN - 76661999
FEEL FREE TO SEND A INVITE

atishey23
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 118