Welcome to the New XDA-Developers Portal!

You may recall that a few weeks ago, we opened up the XDA-2015 forum themesto intrepid users … more

An Android Enthusiast’s Apple iPhone 6 Challenge

The media has gone batty again over Apple “revolutionizing” smartphones. … more

Sony to Extend its AOSP Program to Other Devices

Sony will be offering its users the possibility to use AOSP ROMs as an alternative to the … more

Project Ara: Modified Android L and Hot Swapping

Project Ara is a very exciting topic–both for hardware and software enthusiasts. The … more
Post Reply

[Help] My Phone is slow no matter which rom...

19th March 2012, 03:08 AM   |  #21  
Member
Flag Tennessee
Thanks Meter: 89
 
71 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2011
More
To be honest, different kernels work differently on different devices. There really is no one size fits all when it comes to ROMs and kernels. You find out through experimentation what works for you and what doesn't. Glad to hear your problem is fixed though! I will say that when I've had that lag problem before, it almost always went away when I flashed something new.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus
19th March 2012, 03:23 AM   |  #22  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 73
 
749 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2009
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa Pearce

To be honest, different kernels work differently on different devices. There really is no one size fits all when it comes to ROMs and kernels. You find out through experimentation what works for you and what doesn't. Glad to hear your problem is fixed though! I will say that when I've had that lag problem before, it almost always went away when I flashed something new.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

Based on the video I showed you would you still recommend getting it replaced?
Thanks for your input once again.
19th March 2012, 03:32 AM   |  #23  
Member
Flag Tennessee
Thanks Meter: 89
 
71 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by patt2k

Based on the video I showed you would you still recommend getting it replaced?
Thanks for your input once again.

No problem! Only if there was another defect you wanted rid of (such as the screen for example) or if you wanted to just run stock everything. But if you're happy with the current solution and weren't looking to keep your phone stock there is no need to go through the hassle of a replacement. In fact, if there is nothing else you dislike, keep it. You've already found that the lag can be fixed, but if you get a replacement with a crappy screen, that can be hard to fix...

tl;dr If you want your phone to be stock, then get a replacement. If you're happy with a custom kernel and the rest of your phone is solid, don't bother with replacing it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus
19th March 2012, 03:45 AM   |  #24  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 73
 
749 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2009
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa Pearce

No problem! Only if there was another defect you wanted rid of (such as the screen for example) or if you wanted to just run stock everything. But if you're happy with the current solution and weren't looking to keep your phone stock there is no need to go through the hassle of a replacement. In fact, if there is nothing else you dislike, keep it. You've already found that the lag can be fixed, but if you get a replacement with a crappy screen, that can be hard to fix...

tl;dr If you want your phone to be stock, then get a replacement. If you're happy with a custom kernel and the rest of your phone is solid, don't bother with replacing it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

Well guess what.. another issue. The MIC does not work or the volume what I mean .

when playing music it shows music is playing but no SOUND , same with placing calls no SOUND only speaker.

this phone just wont give up o.0 i just wipded,cleared cache and will see the result... if this persists at least i have good reason for replacement!
19th March 2012, 04:08 AM   |  #25  
Member
Flag Tennessee
Thanks Meter: 89
 
71 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by patt2k

Well guess what.. another issue. The MIC does not work or the volume what I mean .

when playing music it shows music is playing but no SOUND , same with placing calls no SOUND only speaker.

this phone just wont give up o.0 i just wipded,cleared cache and will see the result... if this persists at least i have good reason for replacement!

Yep, that justifies replacement in my book!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus
19th March 2012, 05:28 AM   |  #26  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 73
 
749 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2009
More
this phone lasted a month and a half... wish it would never happen

thanks for all the help once I resolve it completely I will update this for sure!
19th March 2012, 10:26 AM   |  #27  
Senior Member
Flag Houston
Thanks Meter: 71
 
374 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2009
Donate to Me
More
Now I love this phone, no problems, and am going to keep it until the next Nexus phone is out.... but it is almost 6 months old now (the GSM version anyway) and there's the HTC One X (or the imminent GS3). Were I sending it back to Samsung, I would leave the replacement boxed up to sell it as new and get one of those, instead.

Good luck anyway/ Sorry I have no solution.
Last edited by samizad; 19th March 2012 at 10:29 AM.
21st March 2012, 04:40 PM   |  #28  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 7
 
24 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2010
if ur on Verizon and still having these issues they will replace it under your 1 year warranty... mind u it will be a refurb but so are the insurance ones. All you have to do is tell Verizon u are having performance issues. If ur not on Verizon then idk how to help.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium
21st March 2012, 04:50 PM   |  #29  
lazaro17's Avatar
Senior Member
Miami, FL
Thanks Meter: 103
 
624 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2009
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by patt2k

Well guess what.. another issue. The MIC does not work or the volume what I mean .

when playing music it shows music is playing but no SOUND , same with placing calls no SOUND only speaker.

this phone just wont give up o.0 i just wipded,cleared cache and will see the result... if this persists at least i have good reason for replacement!

Seems like your phone is stuck in headphone mode. Handful of people have had this issue. Check a thread I started in q&a titled "earpiece not working " someone posted an apk there that forces audio through the phone on every boot and before every call. That may also explain your lag if the phone is constantly glitching in and out of headphone mode.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
21st March 2012, 05:12 PM   |  #30  
andQlimax's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Rome
Thanks Meter: 854
 
2,365 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2010
Donate to Me
More
what are we discussing here?

the galaxy nexus is not like that on the video...my gn is never slow like that

1) put the stock images (it means implicity factory reset) from code.google
2) don't install any app, any configuration
3) see if lags

if lags like in the video, use the warranty

ps. don't press the home button when u want exit/leave an app/or anything...press the back button
Last edited by andQlimax; 21st March 2012 at 05:14 PM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes