Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,769,165 Members 37,488 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Help] My Phone is slow no matter which rom...

Tip us?

Papa Pearce
Old
Thanks Meter 89
To be honest, different kernels work differently on different devices. There really is no one size fits all when it comes to ROMs and kernels. You find out through experimentation what works for you and what doesn't. Glad to hear your problem is fixed though! I will say that when I've had that lag problem before, it almost always went away when I flashed something new.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus
Crafted with love sent from above!
Galaxy Nexus LTE running Fruits & Veggies...and lovin' every minute of it!

patt2k
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa Pearce View Post
To be honest, different kernels work differently on different devices. There really is no one size fits all when it comes to ROMs and kernels. You find out through experimentation what works for you and what doesn't. Glad to hear your problem is fixed though! I will say that when I've had that lag problem before, it almost always went away when I flashed something new.

Based on the video I showed you would you still recommend getting it replaced?
Thanks for your input once again.

Verizon Fios : 75/75 Tier

Papa Pearce
Old
Thanks Meter 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by patt2k View Post
Based on the video I showed you would you still recommend getting it replaced?
Thanks for your input once again.
No problem! Only if there was another defect you wanted rid of (such as the screen for example) or if you wanted to just run stock everything. But if you're happy with the current solution and weren't looking to keep your phone stock there is no need to go through the hassle of a replacement. In fact, if there is nothing else you dislike, keep it. You've already found that the lag can be fixed, but if you get a replacement with a crappy screen, that can be hard to fix...

tl;dr If you want your phone to be stock, then get a replacement. If you're happy with a custom kernel and the rest of your phone is solid, don't bother with replacing it.

patt2k
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa Pearce View Post
No problem! Only if there was another defect you wanted rid of (such as the screen for example) or if you wanted to just run stock everything. But if you're happy with the current solution and weren't looking to keep your phone stock there is no need to go through the hassle of a replacement. In fact, if there is nothing else you dislike, keep it. You've already found that the lag can be fixed, but if you get a replacement with a crappy screen, that can be hard to fix...

tl;dr If you want your phone to be stock, then get a replacement. If you're happy with a custom kernel and the rest of your phone is solid, don't bother with replacing it.

Well guess what.. another issue. The MIC does not work or the volume what I mean .

when playing music it shows music is playing but no SOUND , same with placing calls no SOUND only speaker.

this phone just wont give up o.0 i just wipded,cleared cache and will see the result... if this persists at least i have good reason for replacement!

Papa Pearce
Old
Thanks Meter 89
Quote:
Well guess what.. another issue. The MIC does not work or the volume what I mean .

when playing music it shows music is playing but no SOUND , same with placing calls no SOUND only speaker.

this phone just wont give up o.0 i just wipded,cleared cache and will see the result... if this persists at least i have good reason for replacement!
Yep, that justifies replacement in my book!

patt2k
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 70
this phone lasted a month and a half... wish it would never happen

thanks for all the help once I resolve it completely I will update this for sure!

samizad
Old
(Last edited by samizad; 19th March 2012 at 10:29 AM.)
Thanks Meter 71

DONATE TO ME
Now I love this phone, no problems, and am going to keep it until the next Nexus phone is out.... but it is almost 6 months old now (the GSM version anyway) and there's the HTC One X (or the imminent GS3). Were I sending it back to Samsung, I would leave the replacement boxed up to sell it as new and get one of those, instead.

Good luck anyway/ Sorry I have no solution.
Current Phone: Nexus 5 (Hammerhead) | Stock 4.4.4, Rooted, TWRP.
Previous Phones: Siemens S25 | Siemens S35 | Nokia 7110 | Nokia 7650 | HTC Himalaya | HTC Alpine | Samsung D500 | HTC Magician | Samsung I300 | HTC Artemis | HTC Kaiser | HTC Diamond | HTC Leo | Galaxy Nexus (Maguro)

odock
Old
Thanks Meter 7
if ur on Verizon and still having these issues they will replace it under your 1 year warranty... mind u it will be a refurb but so are the insurance ones. All you have to do is tell Verizon u are having performance issues. If ur not on Verizon then idk how to help.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

lazaro17
Old
Thanks Meter 103
Quote:

Seems like your phone is stuck in headphone mode. Handful of people have had this issue. Check a thread I started in q&a titled "earpiece not working " someone posted an apk there that forces audio through the phone on every boot and before every call. That may also explain your lag if the phone is constantly glitching in and out of headphone mode.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

andQlimax
Old
(Last edited by andQlimax; 21st March 2012 at 05:14 PM.)
Thanks Meter 842

DONATE TO ME
what are we discussing here?

the galaxy nexus is not like that on the video...my gn is never slow like that

1) put the stock images (it means implicity factory reset) from code.google
2) don't install any app, any configuration
3) see if lags

if lags like in the video, use the warranty

ps. don't press the home button when u want exit/leave an app/or anything...press the back button
Google Nexus 5 | Stock Rom | Rooted | Xposed
Galaxy Nexus GSM GT-I9250 (maguro) | yakju | TWRP 2.4.1.0 | BOOTLOADER PRIMEMD04 | RADIO XXLJ1 | Stock JWR66Y 4.3 + Root
HTC Desire GSM A8181 (bravo) AMOLED| PVT1 | HBOOT 0.93.1000 S-OFF CM7r1 | 4EXT Touch Recovery | RADIO 32.56.00.32U_5.17.05.23 | CM 7 Nightly | A2SD 512MB EXT4
Nokia N70

Delayed Push Notifications? Push Notifications Fixer