FORUMS

XDA Office Space: Frankenstein’s Perfect IM Client?

The portal’s decentralized XDA office lies in a Hangouts chatroom, where … more

Which IM Client on Android is best?

With so many different messengers to choose from, it can be tough to find the best one for you and … more

Android Factory Reset Security Flaw and More – XDA TV

Nvidia is releasing a 500Gb SHIELD TV Pro! That and much more news is … more

Android M Code Name: Macadamia Nut Cookie

While the official name for the latest iteration of Android has yet to be revealed, the code … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

Help phone stuck at boot screen

15th December 2011, 04:26 PM |#1  
OP Senior Member
Flag ATL
Thanks Meter: 52
 
More
Hello. I just tried to unlock the bootloader on on Verizon Galaxy nexus. Now it's stuck at the bootscreen with the lock image. I did a search and couldn't find a exact answer for my issue. I hope I haven't bricked my phone. Anyway, any help would be appreciated.

I wasn't trying to root just unlock the bootloader. It appeared everything went ok but, now I'm stuck. I used the same method for unlocking the bootloader on my GSM G-nex and it worked.

I know I've done something wrong or this may be something simple. I just need help so I can use my phone.
 
 
15th December 2011, 04:28 PM |#2  
Senior Member
Flag Montreal
Thanks Meter: 32
 
More
are you able to boot into the bootloader? if so you should be able to recover and can't worry a little less.
15th December 2011, 04:35 PM |#3  
NeoMagus's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag East Coast
Thanks Meter: 472
 
Donate to Me
More
same thing here... I posted a request for a LTE boot.img since can still get into the bootloader
15th December 2011, 04:36 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Flag ATL
Thanks Meter: 52
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goat_For_Sale

are you able to boot into the bootloader? if so you should be able to recover and can't worry a little less.

No I don't believe I can. When I type fastboot it just says "waiting on device" I can hold the volume down & power buttons and get to the screen were it says "start" at the top and below that "downloding"
15th December 2011, 04:40 PM |#5  
Senior Member
Flag Montreal
Thanks Meter: 32
 
More
Yea, that was what I was eluding too, The device just came out and google released the GSM image. I am sure that it will appear online in the near future.

if you are able to get into the bootloader does it say that its unlocked ? is your google splash screen showing the unlocked padlock ? you could also try fastboot flash recovery to get cwm on there and provide additional potential solutions.

---------- Post added at 11:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:39 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by qnet

No I don't believe I can. When I type fastboot it just says "waiting on device" I can hold the volume down & power buttons and get to the screen were it says "start" at the top and below that "downloding"

That is download mode used for odin.

hold BOTH volumn buttons and power to get into the bootloader/fastboot
15th December 2011, 04:43 PM |#6  
OP Senior Member
Flag ATL
Thanks Meter: 52
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goat_For_Sale

Yea, that was what I was eluding too, The device just came out and google released the GSM image. I am sure that it will appear online in the near future.

if you are able to get into the bootloader does it say that its unlocked ? is your google splash screen showing the unlocked padlock ? you could also try fastboot flash recovery to get cwm on there and provide additional potential solutions.

---------- Post added at 11:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:39 AM ----------



That is download mode used for odin.

hold BOTH volumn buttons and power to get into the bootloader/fastboot

Yeah, when I did the procedure it said that it was unlocked. Everything looked ok , it booted show the unlock symbol under Google. It then went to the colorful animation and was stuck there. At that time I pulled the battery and, it's been stuck at the screen showing google and the unlock image.
15th December 2011, 04:45 PM |#7  
Senior Member
Flag Montreal
Thanks Meter: 32
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by qnet

Yeah, when I did the procedure it said that it was unlocked. Everything looked ok , it booted show the unlock symbol under Google. It then went to the colorful animation and was stuck there. At that time I pulled the battery and, it's been stuck at the screen showing google and the unlock image.


you should have let the animation run for like 10 minutes the phone has to rebuild the first boot can take like 15 minutes sometimes.

try booting into the bootloader see if that works still
15th December 2011, 04:47 PM |#8  
OP Senior Member
Flag ATL
Thanks Meter: 52
 
More
Sorry I wasn't paying attention and didn't read the part were you told me how to get to the fastboot screen. I'm there now. Can I just relock or fix the bootloader from problem there? It shows it unlocked at the fastboot screen.
15th December 2011, 04:48 PM |#9  
Senior Member
Flag Montreal
Thanks Meter: 32
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by qnet

Sorry I wasn't paying attention and didn't read the part were you told me how to get to the fastboot screen. I'm there now. Can I just relock or fix the bootloader from problem there? It shows it unlocked at the fastboot screen.

you could try fastboot oem lock and see if that works but if the phone wasn't booting i don't know if that will fix it but worth a shot.

try it out and see. it shouldn't do any harm to try
15th December 2011, 04:50 PM |#10  
GirLuvsDroid's Avatar
Senior Member
Wilmington, DE
Thanks Meter: 136
 
More
I had the issue with the failure to boot up after doing the fastboot oem unlock (I had to use the pda net drivers to get my device recognized to get even that far). I did a lot of things like pulling the battery, locking again and then unlocking and nothing worked until I went here http://rootzwiki.com/topic/11732-gal...re-adb-method/, then downloaded the files following their directions and doing the fastboot boot boot.img command. It took a LONG time to boot up, but it did boot finally.
Last edited by GirLuvsDroid; 15th December 2011 at 04:52 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to GirLuvsDroid For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes