XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

I need help, no signal or data after flashing any non-stock rom

Tip us?

vzihome
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 48
Default I need help, no signal or data after flashing any non-stock rom

Every time i flash a custom rom other than stock I don't have any data. I can provision if i have wifi on and update profile and prl (im on sprint) sometimes i get 3g signal but its virtually non existent. It says that it cant connect or no data available even though it shows 3g or 4g. It only seems to work with my nandroid backup of the stock rom. I have used custom kernels and still same issue. only tried 4.3 roms basically the ones with most views. I have check all me settings and seem to be ok. Any help is appreciated.

Stupendousman2012
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Start looking in this thread:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2474421

It seems to be the same sort of issue you are having. While the phones are different than yours, the fix should be similar. Follow the links contained therein and let us know how it turned out.

vzihome
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stupendousman2012 View Post
Start looking in this thread:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2474421

It seems to be the same sort of issue you are having. While the phones are different than yours, the fix should be similar. Follow the links contained therein and let us know how it turned out.
I had tried that for got to mention it. I provision before and after and still no go. I delete current data profile and provision. I did give it one more try and it works flawlessly on vanir 4.4.2 but other ROMs don't work. 4.4.2 still not stable for me to use as a DD .

jsgraphicart
Old
(Last edited by jsgraphicart; 16th December 2013 at 05:34 PM.)
Thanks Meter 1238
Quote:
Originally Posted by vzihome View Post
I had tried that for got to mention it. I provision before and after and still no go. I delete current data profile and provision. I did give it one more try and it works flawlessly on vanir 4.4.2 but other ROMs don't work. 4.4.2 still not stable for me to use as a DD .
All you have to do is after flashing a ROM, wait and see if you get service. If not, immediately reboot the phone. You should connect after the reboot and every other reboot after that. That is all.

vzihome
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsgraphicart View Post
All you have to do is after flashing a ROM, wait and see if you get service. If not, immediately reboot the phone. You should connect after the reboot and every other reboot after that. That is all.
Yep thats what i did with the first couple of roms and first attempts. Got frustrated and then went to google and found a couple of things i could do but nothing helped.