Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,151 Members 49,419 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Hot screen

Tip us?
 
mrgnex
Old
#11  
mrgnex's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 269
Posts: 940
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Vlaardingen
Quote:
Originally Posted by isajoo View Post
Thanks, -75 seems to be working so far.

I just hope there's no long term downside/side-effects from undervolting.
There are no downsides. In fact it extends the life span of your cpu. Only undervolting too much will cause instability. So just check. Maybe do some sort of torture test..

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA Free mobile app
SΛMSUNG/Google Galaxy Nexus
ROM: Vanir Nightly
Kernel: A.S.K.P. Patty Remix

SΛMSUNG/Google Nexus 10
ROM: Vanir Nightly
Kernel: Stock Vanir
 
isajoo
Old
#12  
isajoo's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 50
Posts: 203
Join Date: Oct 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgnex View Post
There are no downsides. In fact it extends the life span of your cpu. Only undervolting too much will cause instability. So just check. Maybe do some sort of torture test..

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA Free mobile app
Well, phone started to keep rebooting after playing real racing 3 for a couple of mins.

Luckily had a 5 sec window to uninstall trickster mod before undervolting settings were applied.

Going to try -50 this evening, I need a functioning phone during work time.
LOL
 
mrgnex
Old
#13  
mrgnex's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 269
Posts: 940
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Vlaardingen
Quote:
Originally Posted by isajoo View Post
Well, phone started to keep rebooting after playing real racing 3 for a couple of mins.

Luckily had a 5 sec window to uninstall trickster mod before undervolting settings were applied.

Going to try -50 this evening, I need a functioning phone during work time.
LOL
Its just trial and erro. But it is really fun to do.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using XDA Free mobile app
SΛMSUNG/Google Galaxy Nexus
ROM: Vanir Nightly
Kernel: A.S.K.P. Patty Remix

SΛMSUNG/Google Nexus 10
ROM: Vanir Nightly
Kernel: Stock Vanir
 
isajoo
Old
#14  
isajoo's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 50
Posts: 203
Join Date: Oct 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgnex View Post
Its just trial and erro. But it is really fun to do.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using XDA Free mobile app
-50 undervolting levels are holding up to the pressure better so far.

I definitely noticed the screen not getting as hot now when gaming and battery life has "slightly" improved.
 
israelian
Old
#15  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 18
Join Date: Dec 2011
some special commits fix this
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

Give Your Screen Some Color with HexaTime Live Wallpaper

We don’t often cover very many live wallpapers here on the XDA Portal. You may … more

Android Wear App Review: Command Google Now with Commandr – XDA Developer TV

OK Google. Make Me a sandwich. How many times have you … more

Play Your Hits and Learn the Lyrics with NextGen Music Player

There are plenty of music players for Android available in Play Store. They … more

Control Your Toast Notifications with SlicedToasts

Toasts are delicious, even in their Android flavor. In Android, toast doesn’t lead … more