Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,959 Members 44,618 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

How I can brick my galaxy nexus with an EMMC fried?

Tip us?
 
fracama87
Old
#1  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 180
Posts: 402
Join Date: Nov 2011
Exclamation How I can brick my galaxy nexus with an EMMC fried?

hi guys, I've probably fried the emmc on my phone...

I've tried everthing from recovery from toolkit and from odin (remains just fastboot I had not time yet) whatever I wipe or I flash on my phone doesn't matter all sticks there when I reboot (and my phone keep gooing in bootloop on cm logo)

So since it's unlocked I'm trying to find a way to brick definitely my phone, so I can take in warranty.

Anybody has suggestions to brick it??
Paranoid ... wait for it ... Android
 
Mineturtle33
Old
#2  
Mineturtle33's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 75
Posts: 350
Join Date: Jan 2013
Pull something off the motherboard. This may/may not work to get it replaced but will most definitely brick it.

Sent from my 2013 Kindle Fire HD
 
maschiosoosai
Old
(Last edited by maschiosoosai; 23rd February 2014 at 07:39 PM.)
#3  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 68
Posts: 158
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Riyadh
@fracama87 Did you try omapflash?
Maybe try messing around with the headphone port
Devices:
Galaxy Tab(CM)
Galaxy Nexus(Slimkat)
Nexus 5(Paranoid Android)
The Following User Says Thank You to maschiosoosai For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
IRX120
Old
#4  
IRX120's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 639
Posts: 1,794
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Atlanta
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mineturtle33 View Post
Pull something off the motherboard. This may/may not work to get it replaced but will most definitely brick it.

Sent from my 2013 Kindle Fire HD
I woldnt advise that at all, on my nexus 7 2012 I was popping the back off and my screwdriver slipped and knocked a resistor off the motherboard (making my GPS not work). I accidentally erased my bootlader a few months later and when I sent it in to warrejty they rejected it due to "customor induced hardware damage".

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
 
Mineturtle33
Old
#5  
Mineturtle33's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 75
Posts: 350
Join Date: Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by IRX120 View Post
I woldnt advise that at all, on my nexus 7 2012 I was popping the back off and my screwdriver slipped and knocked a resistor off the motherboard (making my GPS not work). I accidentally erased my bootlader a few months later and when I sent it in to warrejty they rejected it due to "customor induced hardware damage".

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
Ok, don't do what I said.
 
fracama87
Old
#6  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 180
Posts: 402
Join Date: Nov 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by maschiosoosai View Post
@fracama87 Did you try omapflash?
Maybe try messing around with the headphone port
mmm omap i read is useful for restore bootloader or similar... but i've read is dangerous so maybe it could brick it definetely!
why headphone port?

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRX120 View Post
I woldnt advise that at all, on my nexus 7 2012 I was popping the back off and my screwdriver slipped and knocked a resistor off the motherboard (making my GPS not work). I accidentally erased my bootlader a few months later and when I sent it in to warrejty they rejected it due to "customor induced hardware damage".

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mineturtle33 View Post
Ok, don't do what I said.
yeah i thought the same... the solution should be find a way to delete/reset emmc...
Paranoid ... wait for it ... Android
 
maschiosoosai
Old
#7  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 68
Posts: 158
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Riyadh
Quote:
Originally Posted by fracama87 View Post
mmm omap i read is useful for restore bootloader or similar... but i've read is dangerous so maybe it could brick it definetely!
why headphone port?





yeah i thought the same... the solution should be find a way to delete/reset emmc...
My intention of suggesting omapflash was to unbrick your phone,not to brick it :P. And as for the headphone port,according to ifixit,the headphone port and speakers are easy to replace(http://www.ifixit.com/Teardown/Samsu...+Teardown/7182)
Devices:
Galaxy Tab(CM)
Galaxy Nexus(Slimkat)
Nexus 5(Paranoid Android)
The Following User Says Thank You to maschiosoosai For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
brankoni33
Old
#8  
Member
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 79
Join Date: May 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by fracama87 View Post
hi guys, I've probably fried the emmc on my phone...

I've tried everthing from recovery from toolkit and from odin (remains just fastboot I had not time yet) whatever I wipe or I flash on my phone doesn't matter all sticks there when I reboot (and my phone keep gooing in bootloop on cm logo)

So since it's unlocked I'm trying to find a way to brick definitely my phone, so I can take in warranty.

Anybody has suggestions to brick it??
I have same problem,cannot flash to stock,how to solve this.Thanks in advance
 
fracama87
Old
#9  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 180
Posts: 402
Join Date: Nov 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by maschiosoosai View Post
My intention of suggesting omapflash was to unbrick your phone,not to brick it :P. And as for the headphone port,according to ifixit,the headphone port and speakers are easy to replace(http://www.ifixit.com/Teardown/Samsu...+Teardown/7182)
I still don't understand why I should mess the headphone port... Ižll try omapflash in this weekend if I'll have time... in the meantime I got a moto g

Quote:
Originally Posted by brankoni33 View Post
I have same problem,cannot flash to stock,how to solve this.Thanks in advance
Eh nobody find a solution for the moment
Paranoid ... wait for it ... Android
 
maschiosoosai
Old
#10  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 68
Posts: 158
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Riyadh
@fracama87 Then instead of the headphone port, try using omapflash. Enjoy your Moto G

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
Devices:
Galaxy Tab(CM)
Galaxy Nexus(Slimkat)
Nexus 5(Paranoid Android)

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

MaR-V-iN to Talk Google and Android APIs at XDA:DevCon 2014

Our international xda:devcon 14in Manchester, UK on the weekend of September … more

But First, Let Me Take a #Selfie

“Today while browsing XDA,I’m going tocheck to seeif my favorite ROM has been updated–but … more

Easily Combine Text and Manage Your Android Clipboard with StuffMerge

Android clipboard management has always been impractical without the … more