XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] How to clean wipe?

Tip us?

vitalero
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 44
Default [Q] How to clean wipe?

Hey guys wanted to know how can i clean wipe all the data folders on my phone except the new ROM file i want to flash
i have done normal formats and wipes but got so many dead/duplicated folders on it with the 0/0 and some other stuff
for exmple with root browser i got the SDCARD folder and then i got the STORAGE/SDCARD0 folder again
also got STORAGE/EMULATED/0/ and here ALSO all the files
and also on STORAGE/EMULATED/LEGACY

what am i missing guys?
█ Galaxy Nexus GSM █ AOKP KitKat Nightly 2014-01-09█ Franco Kernel #392(osm0sis fix) █
█ Transformer Prime █ AndroWook HairyBean 2.3.1 █ Handsbuah Kernel █
Join to Dropbox and win 500mb free from this Link , Enjoy!

Cliff666
Old
Thanks Meter 5
The SDCARD folders are in fact only links to the real sdcard folder.
I think these links are needed because android used to have another folder structure and older apps wouldn't be able to accept the sdcard.

For a completely clean wipe you can select wipe internal data in TWRP. Maybe you can push the ROM you want to flash via ADB push. But I'm not sure about that.

vitalero
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff666 View Post
The SDCARD folders are in fact only links to the real sdcard folder.
I think these links are needed because android used to have another folder structure and older apps wouldn't be able to accept the sdcard.

For a completely clean wipe you can select wipe internal data in TWRP. Maybe you can push the ROM you want to flash via ADB push. But I'm not sure about that.
Ok thanks bud, its just that i know that the /0/ folder is a shortcut to the real folder yet the other 2 i wrote down are old files that i had with other ROMS i have used back in the day
█ Galaxy Nexus GSM █ AOKP KitKat Nightly 2014-01-09█ Franco Kernel #392(osm0sis fix) █
█ Transformer Prime █ AndroWook HairyBean 2.3.1 █ Handsbuah Kernel █
Join to Dropbox and win 500mb free from this Link , Enjoy!