XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] How to downgrade from 4.4 to 4.3

Tip us?

casioman1
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default [Q] How to downgrade from 4.4 to 4.3

Hello, I flashed PA 4.4.4 on my i9250 and now I wanted to go back to 4.3. Unfortunately I have a problem because my 4.3 backup isn't visible anymore, directories are messed up by 4.4.4. Found a way to make it visible (had to put an old backup to /data/media/clockworkmod/backup/) but I get an error while trying to restore it. I even flashed my previous cwm and installed cm 10 (the one that I've got my last backup from) but now all i get is a bootloop... I think it's caused by messed directories. How to get rid of those f***ing 0 emulated location?

Carlos_Manuel
Old
Thanks Meter 4,307
1. Download JB factory image for your NExus from here: https://developers.google.com/android/nexus/images
2. In the recovery make swipe data/factory reset
3. power off and boot into fastboot mode...
3. Flash system partition through fastboot. (You need Fastboot drivers for Windows..) (system.img):
fastboot flash system system.img
and flash boot.img :
fastboot flash boot boot.img
4. Boot.

Nb. You have to extract the img files from the zip package.. if you want you can use flash all batch file (.bat) or script file (.sh) (depends of the OS...) but if you use it, then it'll flash everything automatically and wipes everything from the phone.
Samsung Galaxy Nexus
(the best Android phone ever)
ROM: Dreams
Radio Baseband: I9250XXLJ1

Sony Xperia tablet Z (LTE):
10.5.A.0.230

Samsung jet:
My built CM7

Twitter || Facebook || YouTube: CarlosJacksonHD

Android for Samsung Jt:
http://code.google.com/p/android-for-jet/
The Following User Says Thank You to Carlos_Manuel For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

casioman1
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Hm I hoped that will do without going back to stock. I suppose this operation will relock my bootloader?

Carlos_Manuel
Old
Thanks Meter 4,307
Quote:
Originally Posted by casioman1 View Post
Hm I hoped that will do without going back to stock. I suppose this operation will relock my bootloader?
Only fastboot oem lock command locks your nexus's boot loader.

About "0" and some other directories, these are new on JB 4.2 or 4.3... you can remove them but it's useless... so I recommend to keep them.. 0 is like the current user,, for e.g 3 is the second user (multi user)...
CWM backups: I am not really sure... you can remove md5 stuff and maybe recovery lets you flash the files.. Also use the recovery with what you made the backup if newer CWM recoveries won't flash it
Samsung Galaxy Nexus
(the best Android phone ever)
ROM: Dreams
Radio Baseband: I9250XXLJ1

Sony Xperia tablet Z (LTE):
10.5.A.0.230

Samsung jet:
My built CM7

Twitter || Facebook || YouTube: CarlosJacksonHD

Android for Samsung Jt:
http://code.google.com/p/android-for-jet/
The Following User Says Thank You to Carlos_Manuel For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

casioman1
Old
(Last edited by casioman1; 19th August 2014 at 10:34 AM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Hell yeah! Finally got it done. This it how:

1. flashed an old recovery (the one that I've got my last backup from) but still got a bootloop with an old cm10.
2. installed the newest working wersion of CM just to put my backup into different directory and make it visible (make sure you copy both folders with a date of your backup AND blobs because without the latter one it won't restore giving you an error)
3. voila, you've got a fully restored system

Thanks Carlos_Manuel for your help