Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

How do get vehicle to recognize phone is connected?

OP supernova_00

17th February 2013, 06:31 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Aberdeen, MD
Thanks Meter: 47

286 posts
More
How do I get my 2013 Chevrolet Silverado to recognize that my phone is connected? When I change source it just tells me to connect a device after connecting one and the same even if it is connected before changing sources. I have Minco ROM 4.2.1 running Franco kernel 364. I turned off USB debugging in the phone's developer options and disabled the USB fast charge in the kernel settings. I even rebooted after disabling those.

I'm thinking the problem is due to the nexus not having an SD card confuses it but then again should any music being played on the phone be sent through to the truck's radio/speakers as well?
19th February 2013, 08:01 PM   |  #2  
OP Senior Member
Flag Aberdeen, MD

286 posts
More
"Insert a disc, USB, or Aux stereo device" is what my truck tells me when I switch to the source that should allow the stereo to recognize my phone. I've tried different cables and after researching all weekend I think the problem is this crappy Media Transfer Protocol since the Nexus doesn't have a standalone SD card. But I still can't find a solution. Does anyone know of an app, MOD, or kernel that can fix my issue?
19th February 2013, 09:11 PM   |  #3  
Flag College Station
Thanks Meter: 170

851 posts
Donate to Me
More
How do get vehicle to recognize phone is connected?
I understand your pain. However, I'm not sure the GNex can push audio through the USB port. Not sure if other headsets do this, never really attempted to, but the only cheap solution for you right now is to use an auxiliary cable or if you're willing to spend the money, an OEM car dock. I have one and it works fantastically, charges and plays audio through pogo pins.
19th February 2013, 11:33 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 772

1,311 posts
If your device is a nexus there's nothing you can do because you don't have mass storage mode available. In that case, the nexus only can connect in MTP mode (media transfer protocol), and probably your truck's media player does not recognize that protocol. I have an Alpine and only supports mass storage mode, in case helps you.

You can, howerer, use a male-male 3.5mm jack and connect from the phone to the truck input, like if you were on headphones but directly to your car or truck.

23rd February 2013, 04:49 PM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Aberdeen, MD

286 posts
More
That's what I thought :/ I was hoping there was a way to partition the drive and use a kernel that enables ums mode so I could do this. I'd rather not have two cables connected and have to control through my phone instead of the stereo/steering wheel
16th March 2013, 01:30 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 772

1,311 posts
If you want UMS on devices that don't have it, you can use DriveDroid from market (there's both free and paid). With it, create a blank file that will be used as "partition". Then you can connect your phone to your computer and put there the songs you want. Then do the same in the car. For example, in my Nexus 7 I've created a 2 GB file which serve for that purpose (takes a while when is big).

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...8&postcount=21
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread