Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,892 Members 42,956 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q]HSPA Tweaks for Galaxy Nexus?

Tip us?

Serious_Beans
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 343

DONATE TO ME
Default [Q]HSPA Tweaks for Galaxy Nexus?

Are there any HSPA Tweaks for the Galaxy Nexus?

Such as:
ro.ril.hsxpa=2
ro.ril.gprsclass=12
ro.ril.hsdpa.category=16
ro.ril.hsupa.category=8

Anyone know the numbers that are suppose to go there? Or would this work? This is from the NS forums.

Serious_Beans
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 343

DONATE TO ME
No one knows of any?

RogerPodacter
Old
Thanks Meter 396
This used to work on previous nexus phones. But i think the gn is already setup correctly for max network. I dont see those settings in the build prop. Maybe they were moved.
Past projects
Github
My N1 Battery Project

Phone: Nexus 5
ROM: stock rooted
Recovery: CWM Touch

ATnTdude
Old
(Last edited by ATnTdude; 9th March 2012 at 09:45 PM.)
Thanks Meter 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerPodacter View Post
This used to work on previous nexus phones. But i think the gn is already setup correctly for max network. I dont see those settings in the build prop. Maybe they were moved.
Those didn't really work on older Nexus phones either (you could disable things like hsxpa, but anything above 2 was ignored because it was meaningless). and were removed from build.prop with Android 2.3. I used to screw around with hsxpa on my Nexus One in the 2.1/2.2 days because T-Mo was having problems with its HSUPA deployment in my area. Setting HSxPA to 1 would disable HSUPA but keep HSDPA going. Setting HSxPA to 0 would limit you to UMTS.

The HSDPA/USUPA categories are limited to hardware. Setting it higher than what your phone can support won't do anything for you, and may result in reduced performance. You could certainly set it lower, since HSPA is backwards compatible, but why would you do that?
Current Device: LG Nexus 4
Former Devicess: Samsung Galaxy Nexus LTE, HTC Nexus One, HTC Fuze, Nokia E71, HTC Tilt, Blackberry Pearl 8100, Motorola Q9h, RAZR V3xx, KRZR K1, & RAZR V3c, Palm Centro GSM, Samsung BlackJack.

Former AT&T employee. They suck. You have no idea how much they suck. In fact, I should probably change my s/n, since I haven't even used them in 3 years.