Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,804,884 Members 52,584 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Galaxy Nexus not charging !!

Tip us?

Tarun95
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 46
Default Galaxy Nexus not charging !!

My gnex is not charging..i plug in and the battery symbol doesnt show charging..when i check battery in settings it shows not charging instead of discharging.
Another thing is that if i switch it off and plug in the white charging symbol occurs but after an hour when i switch on the battery is at the same percentage..
pls help :'(

tea_dub84
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Ive had those same issues..I went to charge it on my car charger and it instantly began working. The very next day I tried my hone charger again and it would work..Crazy thing is when the home charger wasn't working for my GNEX, it would charge my girlfriends phone just fine!!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app

Tarun95
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by tea_dub84 View Post
Ive had those same issues..I went to charge it on my car charger and it instantly began working. The very next day I tried my hone charger again and it would work..Crazy thing is when the home charger wasn't working for my GNEX, it would charge my girlfriends phone just fine!!

http://productforums.google.com/foru...39DU%5B1-25%5D
looks like many have this issue

NEXUSBOY
Old
Thanks Meter 57
Same happened with my friends nexus.. Any solutions...?
NEXUS ROKZZ

Tarun95
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by vjz567 View Post
Same happened with my friends nexus.. Any solutions...?
no idea..this issue is very annoying

jimmyco2008
Old
Thanks Meter 97
There's a goddamn thread a day on this

Not kidding. One day Galaxy Nexuses will go extinct because of this!

MiLeX84
Old
(Last edited by MiLeX84; 31st January 2013 at 08:30 AM.)
Thanks Meter 3
Info 2 Have had a charging issue as well, and solved it.

Hey there,

my SGN was not charging at all not even when turned off, started two days ago, the first evening it was only charging on one out of my three USB cables (each cable has its own wall charger).
Also my PC with "Win 8 Pro" was not recognizing my phone at all.

My first try was a bit stupid, but it worked, well for one day only. I bite on the USB cable, so the part that goes in the phone was a bit deformed, and the SGN was charging again. \o/

Next evening, I had the same problem again, but this time, non of my three cables was able to charge, even after further deforming tries.

My final solution was to use a needle, stick it in the USB port on the phone and bend the small "tongue" a bit up, so it was exactly in the middle.

My Phone was off and the battery removed. I put all together again and plugged the USB cable back in, it started charging while off.
Then I just turned it on, after booting was almost done, my PC told me that my SGN is connected and it was still charging.
I removed the cable, plugged it back in, several times, also on all three charger with its cables, finally my problem seems to be resolved.

btw. My SGN is from November 2011, so one of the first here in Europe.

I hope this can help some other with the same problem.

Kind Regards from Germany,
Milex84
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MiLeX84 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Spaghetti-XRY
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiLeX84 View Post
Hey there,

my SGN was not charging at all not even when turned off, started two days ago, the first evening it was only charging on one out of my three USB cables (each cable has its own wall charger).
Also my PC with "Win 8 Pro" was not recognizing my phone at all.

My first try was a bit stupid, but it worked, well for one day only. I bite on the USB cable, so the part that goes in the phone was a bit deformed, and the SGN was charging again. \o/

Next evening, I had the same problem again, but this time, non of my three cables was able to charge, even after further deforming tries.

My final solution was to use a needle, stick it in the USB port on the phone and bend the small "tongue" a bit up, so it was exactly in the middle.

My Phone was off and the battery removed. I put all together again and plugged the USB cable back in, it started charging while off.
Then I just turned it on, after booting was almost done, my PC told me that my SGN is connected and it was still charging.
I removed the cable, plugged it back in, several times, also on all three charger with its cables, finally my problem seems to be resolved.

btw. My SGN is from November 2011, so one of the first here in Europe.

I hope this can help some other with the same problem.

Milex84
could u please post a photo of what u did? I've the same problem
Thanks

jpinsl
Old
Thanks Meter 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiLeX84 View Post
Hey there,

Milex84
I had the same problem, GNex quit charging. Fixed it by using a toothpick to gently move the "tongue" in the USB port up towards the LED (screen side). I used a wooden toothpick as I didn't know what would happen if the connectors shorted using something metal.

Apparently, moving the USB plug around when it is in the port can move things out of alignment. Very easy fix, takes less than one minute. You could use a plastic pen cap or whatever you have lying around as a tool.

If you are under warranty, you could always ask for a replacement.
The Following User Says Thank You to jpinsl For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Jolle_1
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Default Re: Galaxy Nexus not charging !!

I had this problem a while back, first only some chargers would work and finally none of my chargers worked. In my case it seems like the problem was pocket lint tightly packed at the back of the usb port. The lint was grey and so tightly packed that I couldn't see any thing wrong. I used a fine tooth pick and got a good size wad out and the charging problem was solved. I always thought that the lint prevented the usb cable to be fully seated but maybe I bent the "lip" while trying to get the lint out

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

The Following User Says Thank You to Jolle_1 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]