Updated Android Lollipop Preview Images – XDA TV

The Android Lollipop Preview Images are now available! That and much more news is … more

Get a Complete Set of Logs with Andy Log

The importance of proper logging is undeniable. No, we’re not talking about lumberjack work. … more

Try Some Android Lollipop Applications on Your Device

Android 5.0 Lollipop has been officially announced and lucky users of Google Nexus 5 … more

AutoCon Manages Your Connections to Perserve Battery Life

As we’ve talked about in the past, battery life is still somewhat of a sore … more

All instant messenger notifications delayed

OP M3drvr

3rd April 2012, 05:04 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Calgary, AB
Thanks Meter: 165

782 posts
More
. I'd like some help to try and find a solution to this problem. It seems all instant messenger apps have very delayed messages most of the time.

Gtalk & Google+ messenger- are extremely unreliable for me. Up until about 3 months ago they worked flawless, I'd get notified of a message as soon as it was sent, be it on 4G or Wi-Fi. Now, 90% of the time I'll only get the message if I go into the app. And yes all settings and notification settings are turned on to sync. Sending is never an issue. And if I stay in the application messages are pretty reliable although not 100% reliable. I will get instances where it won't receive messages even when I'm in the app. My cell reception and router is always near perfect reception.

Whatsapp messenger more reliable in that messages will come through within a half hour if they aren't coming through. Although if I'm in the app its quite flawless. This app is much more unreliable when on Wi-Fi. With 4G its actually reliable. What I do notice though when going into the app with Wi-Fi and its not syncing up is that the up arrow on Wi-Fi will be flashing but no down arrow. Once the down arrow begins turning on everything works.

To note is that I have tried switching to a stock rom to no help, same things happen. Tried uninstalling all these apps, and done a clean install, still no help. I have other phones in the house, a galaxy S, and these apps all work the way they should on both 4G and Wi-Fi. So I know it should and can work. All my emails from Gmail come through just fine as do my Google+ notifications from people replying on posts. So any help will be greatly appreciated as I want to get to the bottom of this. Currently running on CM9 stock kernel, with uglc1 modem and newest boot loader.
4th April 2012, 04:08 PM   |  #2  
OP Senior Member
Flag Calgary, AB
Thanks Meter: 165

782 posts
More
Anyone? I can't be the only one with this issue...
8th April 2012, 10:30 PM   |  #3  
Flag Gilbert, AZ
Thanks Meter: 15

512 posts
More
I am having this problem on the stock radio, UGLC1, and XXKK6 too

I think its something updated within the Google Talk apps?
15th June 2012, 04:17 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 0

8 posts
I started having the same issue after the OTA 4.0.4 came out.
Has anyone resolved this?
15th June 2012, 11:14 AM   |  #5  
Flag Rome
Thanks Meter: 859

2,370 posts
Donate to Me
More
from what i have seen, its the google push service (used from gtalk, gmail, whatsapp, and every push app) that sometimes do some sleep..had this on my previous device also sometimes

when people say "before was working" "now is not working well anymore" it depends from how much attention u give to it...

the push service require a constant connection to the google services, sometime this connection hang or stops, usually after 10 minutes i can see this connection is restored and chat messages, mails, etc, come all together (or if u dont want to wait, disable and enable the conenction again, or disable/enable synch)

edit: SOLUTION here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2142503
Last edited by andQlimax; 26th February 2013 at 11:06 AM.
6th July 2012, 09:30 AM   |  #6  
Flag Wolverhampton
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
More
I've had this problem for almost a year now.. Ever since I went from iOS to Andriod.. On my HTC.. What I noticed is when my phone goes into sleep it's all over, I guess it falls into a deep sleep.. When I awake it all message from all messengers comes flooding through. I thought maybe it was a software problem and all problems would disappear after upgrading to android 4.0 from 2.3.. But still the same.. Same as you everything works fine when the phone is alive, wifi or 3G.. So I was thinking its HTC and about to upgrade to Samsung S111 so touch wood that works ok..
17th December 2012, 09:37 PM   |  #7  
Flag Guayaquil
Thanks Meter: 169

875 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by online4yourmind

I've had this problem for almost a year now.. Ever since I went from iOS to Andriod.. On my HTC.. What I noticed is when my phone goes into sleep it's all over, I guess it falls into a deep sleep.. When I awake it all message from all messengers comes flooding through. I thought maybe it was a software problem and all problems would disappear after upgrading to android 4.0 from 2.3.. But still the same.. Same as you everything works fine when the phone is alive, wifi or 3G.. So I was thinking its HTC and about to upgrade to Samsung S111 so touch wood that works ok..

My nexus 4, does the same thing.. ANNOYING!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread